Saved by the Bagel

Options
Finally my weight is starting to go up. I have gained 4 pounds! Its the first time in a year I have gained instead of lost and I am really happy :)

My hips are hurting less and my period has even returned (even though it was a mild one)

After looking at my diet I started to eat a lot of Bagels as I found them easy to digest for my stomach and I could fill them with whatever I wanted

Since adding a Bagel a day to my diet my weight is now on the up :)

I am also learning to snack more in the afternoon, have added chocolate cake and icecream as a desert too

Its baby steps but adding these extra calories is really helping!

Replies

• bazarn
    bazarn Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Way to go :)
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    This post made me smile. I'm glad you've finally found something that's working for you!

I am currently on the opposite side of the weight conundrum and will now be avoiding bagels at all costs. :-)
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. A whole bagel is a like small meal on it's own. Start adding toppings and it's like two meals for me, lol.
  • bazarn
    Options
    I hear protein shakes, ensures, etc. are also a good way to get lots of calories if you're struggling to eat. I work in a hospital, and that's what we give patients who aren't really eating so that they get the calories/nutrients they need. Just a thought, either way glad to hear you're finding something that works for you :)
  • bazarn
    Options
    (I also love to make veggie and fruit smoothies - about 2/3 veg and 1/3 fruit by volume - and adding flaxseed and hempseed to get lots of good nutrients without having to spend an hour eating to get the same amount of fruits and veggies)
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    So glad you are seeing some results! Sometimes trial and error works better than anything.