How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• jke78
    jke78 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 3 times but I only record Saturday's weight. I do the two other times to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong during the week because I new to eating to lose weight. Does that make sense? Anyway, everything I've read says once a week(and at the same time and same day every week) so you're fine.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday morning and take all measurements and compute BMI, BF%, HW ratio, & BMR/TDEE on the first Friday of the month. Weighing in once a week helps keep me on track food wise and checking my other stats once a month helps me track my fitness. Since I have lost so much weight, the scale goes up and down every week, which could get demotivating, but my body fat and BMI are going down steadily and that keeps my motivation high. I am a social scientist so data is my world and I find tracking to be fun and motivating!
  • CigBock
    CigBock Posts: 12
    Options
    One look at your avatar and I could tell you were british. You all wear so much eye liner and foundation. QT pic though.

I weigh every day because im OCD
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh weekly. Now I weigh in every 5 or 6 weeks.
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Truth : at least once a day. Sometimes twice

Same here but I only log my weight once a week. I also do measurements weekly.
  • GogoDri
    GogoDri Posts: 32
    Options
    Daily. But measurements once a week.
  • Natashalou15
    Natashalou15 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Think after reading some of these I may actually start weighing myself more often :smile:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    One look at your avatar and I could tell you were british. You all wear so much eye liner and foundation. QT pic though.

I weigh every day because im OCD
    Um.....no. You can tell her nationality because you looked at her profile.

What does that first smart alec remark have to do with the OP's question?
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Almost everyday! Which most people disapprove of but, for me, I'm either caring about my weight or really really NOT caring. I gain weight during long periods of time not weighing myself. So I check in everyday, knowing that the reckoning is coming in the morning helps me behave through out the day. I don't get upset about the little fluctuations though. And I don't weigh myself or count calories during my angry lady time.

I weigh every day too. Just keeps me on track..

I laughed at " Angry Lady Time " lol

Instead of TOM we should use ALT
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself daily, sometimes multiple times a day. It just made me frantic and depressed. Now I weigh myself about once a week. Sometimes it's 6 days, sometimes it' 8 or 9 days. Something in that time frame. That, I find, more effective and accurate.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Depends. Sometimes daily, maybe only a few times a week, once a week... it just depends on what is going on. Last week I was out of state, so I weighed myself on Thursday before I left and then not again until Monday. This week I weighed every day, but skipped today. Sunday's are my official weigh in day though. :tongue:
  • Trignon
    Trignon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Every morning before eating and sometimes after bike rides that extent for more than three hours.

Only concerned about weight loss that points to dehydration issues.
  • erinbartholomew5
    erinbartholomew5 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Same here. I find that every day at the same time or every other day helps to remind me to eat better during the day. If I eat well, I don't tend to fluctuate that much, so if I gain an unexpected pound, I know exactly what caused it.
  • FabMeliO
    FabMeliO Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I usually check my weight every 3-4 days. Sometimes I do it more often than usual, it keeps me in line if I start going overboard with the eating and the lack of exercise.
  • therocpile
    therocpile Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Two times a month, once at the start and once at the end.
    Now that I'm maintaining though, I'll be checking every week on Sunday to see how my weight fluctuates.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily for the reasons that John Walker discusses in the chapter "Signal and Noise" in _The Hacker's Diet_ (free at http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/e4/). Now that I am approaching maintenance, I find it's especially important to keep an eye on my trend; back when I was losing at 1.1 pounds a week, the trend was pretty obvious.

I'll also weigh myself before and after a long bike ride (anything over 2 hours), to check on hydration.
  • GalHowYuhBadSo
    Options
    never
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I usually do it once a week "officially", as in to enter my weight in MFP. But I actually weigh myself every day just because I'm curious about the fluctuations. I've seen an 8lb difference from day to another. I know I didn't gain 8lbs over night, but it makes me think twice about that second cup of Miso soup! Damn salt.
  • LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Since I been big all my life, and seen way too many dieticians over the years, obviously only see them each month.

So I tend to check daily myself, just to give myself a guide as to how my meals are affecting me, but will only update my weight and measurements per month as if I was still going to see dietician.
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Almost everyday! Which most people disapprove of but, for me, I'm either caring about my weight or really really NOT caring. I gain weight during long periods of time not weighing myself. So I check in everyday, knowing that the reckoning is coming in the morning helps me behave through out the day. I don't get upset about the little fluctuations though. And I don't weigh myself or count calories during my angry lady time.

I weigh every day too. Just keeps me on track..

I laughed at " Angry Lady Time " lol

Instead of TOM we should use ALT

I laughed, too. Also at "shark week."

I weigh nearly every day, but only record it on Mondays. Small fluctuations don't bother me. I just use them to help me analyze what I'm eating... too much sodium, usually.