13»

Replies

• kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Once a week
  • trillium26
    Options
    Every morning. I measure myself about once a month. I, too, use it to make sure I am not eating too much sodium and am drinking enough water.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Weigh every day. Log every day. Do what works for you.
  • TMM211073
    TMM211073 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi weigh myself every Friday morning, but I only record my weight every fourth week, because I am almost at my goal weight and my weight fluctuates a lot so it can get very frustrating recording my weight too often.

xXx
  • jenmarie2012
    jenmarie2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Every Friday morning ???? if I lost or gained, then I record on MFP.
  • cookmtn
    cookmtn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wrote this awhile ago:

Today I discovered another reason why I weigh myself daily and record it on mfp. Let me say first, if the daily fluctuations bothered me I would seriously rethink doing this, but they don't. I was entertaining the idea of not recording daily for one vain reason, however: my mfp friends "liking" when I lose the same darn pound over and over! I won't stop, though, and here is why:
    Since Aug. 29th I have weighed basically the same. So, for 14 days, no downward trend. This was a little concerning as I have steadily lost on average 1.25 pounds per week up till now. so, I decided to look at my reports. Yep, no change. Then I looked at Aug.28th. 3 pounds heavier than Aug. 29th! If I didn't weigh myself daily I wouldn't have seen that! If I weighed daily but didn't record daily, I probably wouldn't have remembered that drop! If I only wrote down my numbers I wouldn't have the nice visual graph to see the patterns!

So for me information is power and the more the better!
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    When I feel particularly lighter that morning. That generally ends up being every week or two. (The scale has failed to move much, but that's okay cause measurements are showing progress.) I do measurements every other day though, which is probably overkill.
  • BaldheadSlick
    BaldheadSlick Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Right now, twice per week to gauge diet progress. But normally, about once per week if that.
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I was weighing every week, but was getting completely stressed out over it. I tried to go to monthly, but that was too long for me, so I settled for the 15th and last day of the month. That's working pretty well so far. Instead of being afraid of weighing in case I didn't lose that much, I can't wait to weigh because I know I will have lost a good bit.
  • ladyhawkeye25
    Options
    I don't get upset about the little fluctuations though. And I don't weigh myself or count calories during my angry lady time.

^^^^^^^^^^^ LOVE IT :D ^^^^^^ lol :)
  • Strikingly_Jackie
    Strikingly_Jackie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Every single day... some times multiple times a day. It has helped me to be able to see how specific foods directly impact my weight. The fluctuations do not bother me, and I am able to pretty well predict what will happen.

LOL @ Shark week and Angry Lady Time
  • gloriamaxx
    Options
    I weigh in every morning after I exercise.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    When I'm feeling lighter :)
  • SabrinaLily
    Options
    Almost everyday! Which most people disapprove of but, for me, I'm either caring about my weight or really really NOT caring. I gain weight during long periods of time not weighing myself. So I check in everyday, knowing that the reckoning is coming in the morning helps me behave through out the day. I don't get upset about the little fluctuations though. And I don't weigh myself or count calories during my angry lady time.

Agreed! Me too. Now if I know I've been bad on my eating, I may give it a day or two to bounce back so I don't get freaked out when I step on the scale. But generally speaking, it's my motivator and keeps me on track.
  • chuckm403
    chuckm403 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    weekly , check measurements at the same time and if heading in the wrong direction, use my calipers to give a rough idea on bf% too

This !!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I will track one weigh-in, that is my Tuesday weigh-in, post workout.

But I will sometimes weigh daily and put that number into my lifting app I use, so I can plot the trend over time.

Reason being for now, I am trying to gain weight, so I wnat to make sure I do, but not to much