Workout Videos at Home

Options
2»

Replies

• MystifiedFluff
    MystifiedFluff Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't do gyms - too many people and I just cringe at the idea of using something somebody else just sweated on. I use my treadmill, recumbent bike, walk outside when it's nice, and will use my commuter bike outside once I get it tuned up. I also lift weights - dumbbells, barbell, and kettlebell - and have a stability ball too.

I don't use videos since they go too fast for me and I end up hurting myself trying to do the stuff they do (they make it look so easy too). Beginner is too advanced and low impact doesn't mean easy by any stretch. I use sites like http://www.acefitness.org/ to see how to do certain lifts correctly (it has yoga and bodyweight exercises too, though no kettlebell). I just searched for kettlebell exercises and found some common ones I do.

Youtube is a good place to try, as others have mentioned, Hulu, Netflix, and on iphone I found 5 free apps with plenty of videos that may work for you (one claims over 1,000 free exercise videos). Also, don't forget your local library! Most have videos you can borrow.
  • hensue11
    hensue11 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I workout at home everyday with Kelly Coffey Meyer, i have easy access to a gym but its just boring.
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    Options
    Yes all of my 29 pounds lost so far is working out totally at home with P90x (classic schedule)....I'm in my 2nd round final month now.

But that comes along with good food tracking in MFP....

Karen
  • JennyJiggle
    JennyJiggle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Absolutely - I've lost over 100lbs and haven't been near a gym, instead I work out at home everyday.

Currently with Shaun T and T25 but I started with Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds and then went onto Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, to give you a couple of examples. It's super convenient and there are so many options that you should easily be able to find something that fits your schedule.

Best of luck!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • beelisa
    beelisa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of ZuzkaLight's workouts. They are short but really challenging, it is the only thing that has made me workout consistently 6 days a week. I look forward to my workouts, I wonder what awesome challenge can I demolish today? I workout to my max every time until I'm completely out of breath and dripping with sweat.
  • HealthySideofLife
    HealthySideofLife Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Before I gained half the weight back, I lost 80 pounds the first time I exercised. I didn't go to the gym at all. I did the c25k program, Jillian Michaels 30ds and weights. I ate a lot better too. I'm working out at home this time around again as well. Not only am I doing all that, but I've found kickboxing videos online from an awesome guy. I'm literally sweating at the end it's so awesome haha.
  • mora982
    mora982 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You can find some good videos on youtube. My favorite ones are Walk at home by Lislie Sansone, 30 Days Shred, and fitnessblender videos!!
    Most of them are only 30 min. I hope this is helpfull.
  • beastaaaaaaaaaaa
    Options
    I don't workout a lot but when i do i use fitnessblender :)
  • SXMEnrico
    SXMEnrico Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love my home gym. I have a power rack. Treadmill. Up to 95lbs in DB's. An LCD with tons of videos. Dip station. Whatever. I get in there and put my headphones on and spend an hour working on me. I'd never trade that in for sharing equipment at a gym. Building it was as necessary as say building a kitchen.
  • Kristyann624
    Kristyann624 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump:smile:
  • Malteaster
    Malteaster Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I like Jessica Smith's workouts on Youtube.

What I love about Youtube is that you can see if an instructor suits you, rather than buy a DVD and decide that the instructors style irritates the hell out of you.