When life is falling apart.

Options
Hi everyone,
I could really use some support, so I'm turning to you guys.
I had been doing really well with my diet and exercise, until yesterday. Yesterday I ate a ton of unhealthy foods and have continued this today.

I fought with my mom and the guy I've been seeing.
I've realized that I need to seriously increase my grades to stay in university.

Please help me. I've lost my support system, I don't have any friends in this new city. Help me fix my life (especially diet) before I make things even worse.

Thank you so much,
Maddie

Replies

• LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    It sucks when we run into rough patches. With all the stuff you have going on in your life, it is no wonder that you are feeling a overwhelmed and depressed. It's tough enough trying to keep a healthy lifestyle while adjusting to a new city, but throw some relationship issues on top of that, you can be on a real roller coaster ride.

I don't know that I have any real advice to help you, but I just know from experience that the only thing you have control over is yourself and your choices. When I hit these "black holes" I drive myself to keep up with eating right (ok...maybe some ice cream indulgence) and keep exercising (for me that's primarily running). Those things give me a little corner of safety and sanity. I have also learned that if focus on making right choices for myself that in time the relationship issues have a way of resolving themselves. It's too easy to over-react and get into a dark emotional funk ( i do this to myself)...

Hope things improve for you soon... I am sure your mother will come around soon....most moms do... and fighting with your BF is probably healthy... he probably needed a little smack down anyway... :-)
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a tough situation for sure. For your nutrition, own what you did and move on. Remember why you want to reach your goal. What will doing that do for you? How will it affect you? Is that more important to you than having a snack here and there?

If you're looking for support, encouragement, and accountability? I help to run support groups through Facebook. We have lots of people in there that are improving themselves and helping everyone else to stay accountable. We teach about proper nutrition and how to exercise. I'd be happy to chat with you about it if that is something that you're looking for.

Allan
  • madzique
    madzique Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My mantra? One crisis at a time. I agree with the other post. The one thing you have true control of is your body and your actions. Put ALL of you energy into yourself and everything else will fall into place. Sometimes you have to be your own best friend and encourage yourself. Focus on what you want. Dedicate your energy to getting your grades up and doing you and don't waste your energy on things and beings that may halt your progress. Hope this helps.
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi Maddie. I feel you, I do.

My younger sister passed away three weeks ago from a long war with cancer. My focus on myself disappeared during that time (and for the past year, actually), and I still have a hard time. My weight skyrocketed and everything else seemed to fall apart - my schoolwork took a backseat, my house is a mess, my mental clarity at work diminished, and I've tried to keep from taking it all out on my boyfriend.

Moving forward from today, we can renew our dedication to ourselves. Please feel free to send a friend request. I try to log in every day. Sending hugs and support to you. xo
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    My mantra? One crisis at a time.

I love this, I'm stealing it.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Focus on those grades. That is the most important thing right now. Cut yourself some slack on everything else and just do your best. But seriously, get studying!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Hi Maddie. I feel you, I do.

My younger sister passed away three weeks ago from a long war with cancer. My focus on myself disappeared during that time (and for the past year, actually), and I still have a hard time. My weight skyrocketed and everything else seemed to fall apart - my schoolwork took a backseat, my house is a mess, my mental clarity at work diminished, and I've tried to keep from taking it all out on my boyfriend.

Moving forward from today, we can renew our dedication to ourselves. Please feel free to send a friend request. I try to log in every day. Sending hugs and support to you. xo

I am so, so sorry about your sister