Do you take a picture of yourself as you lose?

Options
I am sure that everyone has seen those commericals with the before and after pictures for the different diet/weight loss plains. (I think some of those are fake) Many of my friends have suggested that I start to photo myself each month to see progress/or the lack of it. They have said that it may help me with my weight loss.
So, I have few questions for you all...
1.) Should I do that?
...I just started to really try and lose weight for about a month now, so it is not too late to start taking pics each month.
2.) As anyone else done that?
3.) If so, as it helped you?

Thank you for your input!!!! Good luck to all of you and your goals!!!!!

Replies

• thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Yes, most definitely do that. I have done it and if you go to the success stories you will see that many others have done so too. Looking at the old pictures of yourself really helps you stay on track
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I have before pictures, and it reminds me of where I have been
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I didn't, but I wish I had now. I was one who avoided getting my picture taken and now I regret not get more 'big' pics.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    TAKE PICS!!!!! You will be so glad that you did! And don't be afraid to post your before pics. We all have them, and none of us love them! lol!

Taking pics has really helped me with the mental part of all of this and really be able to see myself more accurately, if that makes any sense.
  • CCJ13
    CCJ13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have 3 pictures of myself & I can see a difference. I think it does help me keep going.
  • slg92088
    slg92088 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I took pictures so that it can help me see my progress and keep my goals in mind. It helps motivate me. Good luck!
  • sohnshine
    Options
    I hate pictures right now... laugh if you want, but I try to hide behind other people
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've already taken a few and plan to keep doing it somewhat regularly. Sadly, so far all I have are essentially "before" pics -- I have only been working on adjusting diet for a week and a half, and am only just starting to work out the kinks of being wildly out of shape before I can also add in serious exercise to actually start making real progress.

I kind of want to print a photo out and stick it on the fridge or something -- heck maybe a couple and put one near my workout area. And looking at my first shots, they should be postively huge (no pun intended -- no, wait: pun intended) motivators!
  • gr8chick
    gr8chick Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yep, I took my pictures and measurements four weeks ago. I am doing an 18 week challenge, and I plan to take my stats every four weeks. This monday will be the end of my four weeks, so it is update time again. Yikes!!! I have found this very helpful becuase the evil, dirty, sneaky scale doesn't always reflect body change accurately. One time I had not lost a pound of scale weight at the end of my four weeks, I was so bummed, until I took my pics and my measurements, and found that I had lost inches! And the pictures proved it. My hips were a little smaller, the rolls around my midsection were smaller. I think it's a great idea, motivation, and inspiration to do this. When you have actual hard proof that you can go back and look at, it just motivates to keep going! Good luck! I know you'll reach your goal!
  • Aitenev
    Aitenev Posts: 62
    Options
    Definitely take pics. When I hit a plateau and start feeling frustrated, I go back and look at the pictures. When I see how far I've come it helps put the plateaus in perspective.
  • jajat4
    jajat4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes. It will really help to motivate you when you see start to see small changes.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I sure do! I have these abs peekin' out - that I have never seen before in my life. I was always the slender girl, but never really had abs defintion ya know...I'm very proud of my progress...My midsection is my weak area...Take pictures, you don't need to post them, but have them on your computer...But def take a 'NOW' picture, so you can see the difference in some months...
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I take pics every 4 weeks. It really helps b/c its hard to see the changes in yourself when you look at yourself everyday. But when you look back at the pics and see the difference it's so easy to see the changes!!!! Definitely motivating!
  • durangogal
    Options
    No........but I had a family funeral yesterday and saw some people I hadn't seen in a year......they noticed IMMEDIATELY when I came in, one sister-in-law who had ALWAYS made snide comments behind my back actually said YOU LOOK GREAT! So, I took pride in that! I have a pic from Christmas and the one in my MD office from August when I saw them to start the process towards gastric bypass surgery. I DO wish however that I had taken measurements. But again, it's never too late to start!
  • KatSweets
    Options
    YES!!!! Take pictures. I didn't want to but I did and am very glad that I did. It really keeps you motivated to go back and look at the pictures to see where you were and how far you have come. Really helps a lot!
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I think it is a great idea. I took a pic of myself this month when I started and plan on doing so every month - almost like a digital log.
  • Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    i intend on taking pics once a month to track my progress....i may not be able to post in the forums (dont really understand how) but i will keep them in my profile...
  • momtodeshawn
    momtodeshawn Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Take it from someone who didn't take pictures.......TAKE THEM. lol I wish I had. Cause I now fit into things that I didn't before, but I honestly can't really see a difference in myself. I think pictures really would've helped.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Yes, take pictures. I've been doing this for 28 days now...once I reach my goal I want to look back and say "Wow, look how far I've come and I did it!"
  • ahbach2005
    Options
    It is a good motivator.

You probably have some pictures you can use for rir reference...they may not be exactly a progress photo or a start photo but that is ok.

I have some pictures from the last year or so that I can look back at as motivation. I also have one from this time last year before I gained back 16 pounds of the 29 I had lost at that point.....part of the reason I started here