CALORIE INTAKE

Options
angq
angq Posts: 14 Member
IF I GET A SET AMOUNT OF CALORIES PER DAY TO LOSE WEIGHT IF I EXCERSISE AND BURN SOME CALORIES OFF DO I HAVE TO PUT THOSE CALORIES BACK IN OR IS IT OK TO BE UNDER YOU DAILY CALORIES IF YOU BURNED THEM OFF

Replies

• scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Try different stuff and see what works for you. I eat back my exercise calories and that works for me as long as I stay under overall. Some people don't eat back any. Some people eat back half. If you have extra cals from exercise and find yourself hungry: eat. :flowerforyou:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    MFP is set up so you eat them back.

Also, no need to shout!
  • angq
    angq Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    what if i dont eat them back is it ok or its a must a eat them back for weight loss?
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Then you'll start to run into trouble. You won't be fueling your body correctly. Some people get really tired, headaches, etc.

MFP already build in a deficit for you, so if you eat back your exercise calories you're still at a calorie deficit.
  • mizzbugsy
    mizzbugsy Posts: 40 Member
    Options

MFP already build in a deficit for you, so if you eat back your exercise calories you're still at a calorie deficit.

Where can I read more on this??^^^^
  • Wakesal7
    Options
    man i keep messing going over calorie intake
  • tjohnoconnor
    tjohnoconnor Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    For weight loss you are supposed to be able to eat back your calories. keep in mind that any and all calorie burn calculations are only an estimate based in mathematical formulas. Even HRMs are not 100% accurate due to specific body chemistry. They are also based on mathematical formulas derived from an average number of people in your height and weight. Calorie estimates from food can be off as well according to the FDA. With all that in mind, weigh and measure food accurately to establish consistency in your intake. Stick with one form of measuring calorie burn and then try eating back 75% of those calories and see what happens. Or you could try the TDEE Method and keep your calorie consumption at a steady state until you lose 5 pounds and then recalculate your TDEE again. Every time you lose 5 pounds, you recalculate until you get to where you want to be.