Hello to everybody :)

Options
Hello to you all, My name is Scott I live in Ireland, Where the stero-type of an irish man is that he likes his drink lol. Unfortunately that was the case for me. I am currently 275lbs I have set a goal for 230lbs. I have just joined a gym and have been attending since monday and have drastically changed my diet by cutting out sugary drinks (just water and cranberry juice) and only drinking 3 cans of light cider on the weekends (used to drink a bottle of wine and six or seven cans of normal cider ) . I am eating just a banana for breakfast , and 2-3 meals a day (usually soup and whole wheat bread for lunch, weight watchers chilli con carne for dinner ( with rice) and maybe weight watchers spaghetti on toast before 6 pm). Also I am drinking abnormal amounts of water compared to the low amounts I used to. In the gym I am spending roughly 60 mins cardio and 30 mins abs. I have yet to see or notice any changes as of yet but I know it will take time and right now I am getting my body fitter, one thing I have noticed is how nice it is to be up early and having a walk to the gym and seeing the world operate at that time of the morning, and also I feel fitter and I feel alive and HAPPY. I would just like to wish you all the very best in your own personal goal seeking and look forward to making new friends along the way.

If any of you would like a friendly ear or some advice (if i can help) please please contact me.

p.s Some wise words of inspiration ;)

David Viscott
You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.

Eleanor Roosevelt
You must do the thing you think you cannot do.

George Bernard Shaw
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"

Ralph Marston
Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality.

George S. Patton
You're never beaten until you admit it.

Lee Iacocca
You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perseverance.

Unknown Author
You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Unknown Author
You don't realize how strong a person really is until you see them at their weakest moment.

Replies

• majikal6
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Scott. You definitely have your goal firmly in your mind, so there is no doubt that you shall succeed.

The support and motivation here is fantastic. Feel free to friend me if you like and we can support each other.

I wish you much success on your journey and trust that you'll see results sooner than you think. :)

Have a great day!!

:flowerforyou:
  • TheLastKeeper
    TheLastKeeper Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Sir;

As you change your dieting habits be sure to keep an eye on the natural sugars in some of the drinks, as they can put you way over on your goals you have set. Also, have you checked with your doctor for advice and an OK to radically alter your diet?
    Good luck in your goals.
  • karljp
    karljp Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I can see right off you need to eat more for breakfast and more often each day of the right things! You need to get your metabolism up and if you are working out that much you may put your body in the dreaded "starvation mode"! So be careful! MFP will help you ensure you are getting enough each day, but eat more early in the day and try to eat at least every 2-3 hours! Best of luck to you, you have come to the right place. I don't have any friends in Ireland, so sending you a friend request and we can motivate each other!
  • scotty38886
    scotty38886 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you all :)