Frustrated with the pace!

Options

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    And why were you diuretic-ing at 160 lbs? :noway: Or any lbs for that matter, I suppose

What does her weight have to do with it? She says she was "put on" it, which sounds to me like it was medically prescribed. I'm on one, too. Why is that offensive?

Due to her hastiness and the post being in the context of weight loss, I thought and still think she asked for one for faster weight loss. I'd be happy to be wrong, though. Not happy happy, cos it'd mean she has a condition that needs to be treated that way

Ah, I see. I would like to think no doctor would give out a diuretic for weight loss, but I'd probably be wrong.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm getting really frustrated with the pace of my weight loss! . . . I started 16 days ago, and I'm down 13lbs.

:grumble:

^this...

...because LOL.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. I started running almost 2 years ago, and a sub-3 marathon still eludes me. WTF?!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    29gig5h.jpg
    I started 16 days ago, and I'm down 13lbs.

Even when I first started losing weight, I didn't lose that fast and my highest weight was 260lbs and that was in 2012. I guess to be fair, I did get to 170lbs last year, but then I got pregnant and I still have about 7lbs or so just to hit 170 again. I'm 5'4.5" so even once I get to 170lbs, I'm still going to have weight to lose.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    You do realize that once you lose the weight, you will be on maintenance. There is no going back to "the good life" of before. You can try and rush the process, but in the end, if you're not in this for the rest of your life - you're destined to have to keep re-losing.

Determine what it will take to get you to healthy. That includes diet, exercise, mental health. Once you know what you need to do - go do it. Keep doing it forever.
  • workingoutforit
    workingoutforit Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Can someone please help me? I have been gaining weight for like 5 months now even though I eat low calorie and hiphop dance for 6 hours a day. I have no idea why I'm gaining weight, but it's really making me unhappy. Tips? I usually eat really healthy ad as of recently I've been gluten free.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Can someone please help me? I have been gaining weight for like 5 months now even though I eat low calorie and hiphop dance for 6 hours a day. I have no idea why I'm gaining weight, but it's really making me unhappy. Tips? I usually eat really healthy ad as of recently I've been gluten free.

What does "gluten free" have to do with healthy? As far as that goes, define "healthy" in a universal way.

If you really want help, open your diary so people can see what you're eating. Let the community know your weekly loss goals, current weight, height, etc ... it helps people figure out if you're actually seeking a healthy outcome or not. Sometimes the completely irrational appears on MFP ... such as this thread's opening premise.
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    you are actually loosing a an awesome rate for someone who does not have that much to loose, you should be happy, not frustrated, you do not put on weight over night and you can't take it all off over night either, so just stay at a healthy steady pace and you will be at your goal soon enough.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    It took me well over 6 weeks to lose 13 pounds and almost 6 months to get to 25. I would hope this whole thing is about developing new habits, not just sprinting towards a goal. Good luck.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    So wait...you've gotten of to a phenomenal start, and you're frustrated with a slowdown that hasn't even happened yet?

I have a suggestion. Be grateful for any and all progress. It'll get you through the long run.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I've learned recently that you need to be happy with the little things...with smaller goals. If you only focus on your goal weight and how fast you're losing, you're going to make yourself miserable and are going to continue to be frustrated. Just today my daughter and I were taking a walk together. As we were walking up a hill on the way to our house I asked her if she remembered when I could barely walk up that hill and would have to stop about mid way through. Now I walk up it at a brisk pace like I would on flat ground, and without stopping. It's a little accomplishment, but it reminded me how far I've come and that I'm moving in the right direction. Those are the type of things to focus on. The little things that make you happy while you're working toward your bigger goal. Best of luck.
  • nicoleagafitness
    nicoleagafitness Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm getting really frustrated with the pace of my weight loss! . . . I started 16 days ago, and I'm down 13lbs.

??????????????????

It's all water weight
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

??????????????????

It's all water weight

How do you know? A good deal of it might have been, but probably not all of it.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    OP... You need to adjust your expectations
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

??????????????????

It's all water weight

How do you know? A good deal of it might have been, but probably not all of it.

The key word in the OP is "diuretic"
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If the normal healthy rate is 1-2lbs a week then you complaining about losing 13lbs in 16 days is ridiculous and you should get some perspective. Some people are happy just to be losing .5lb a week. You are gping to have to alter your expectations by learning about whats possible and what you have to do to achieve it. Its the same for everyone so you need to get ready for weeks when nothing happens and you hit a plateau and with your present mindset then agree wiith the others that it does not look like you will cope well.

Who put you on diuretic and are you still on them? You say in your profile youd like a healthy lifestyle.
  • nicoleagafitness
    nicoleagafitness Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You do realize that once you lose the weight, you will be on maintenance. There is no going back to "the good life" of before. You can try and rush the process, but in the end, if you're not in this for the rest of your life - you're destined to have to keep re-losing.

Determine what it will take to get you to healthy. That includes diet, exercise, mental health. Once you know what you need to do - go do it. Keep doing it forever.

I do understand that. I don't consoder what i was living to be unhealthy at all. I was obese as a child, and then at 17 I got down to 110lbs by just eating small portions. After my 2 sons, I was back down to 115lbs. (They're 11 months apart) and then I had my daughter and she messed with my hormone levels. I have high testosterone, which is why I'm on the diuretic. Weight loss was really hard after her for a while. I'm just now getting back on it so I hope it helps control the androgen levels well.

I was frustrated last night because I couldn't breathe from allergies and couldn't sleep so I was exhausted.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

???????
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options

Unless you have a medical ccondition then it usually boils down to you consuming more than you are burning. Hard to say without looking at your diary and knowing your stats plus caloroficc deficit.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options

:grumble:
    serious??