If you're under your calorie allowance

Options
2»

Replies

• hitxgirl
    hitxgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation. (I went to a nutritionist and was told that I don't eat enough and my body is in starvation mode!) By dinner I have nearly (or over) 1000 calories left to eat. I don't want to stop working out, but I also don't want to gorge myself on dinner and dessert. I often find that while I am way under in calories (300+) I am at or over in sugar. I haven't been able to find a good source of calories and carbs with low sugar (except popcorn or crackers...). I am open for suggestions.

NUTS! I have found Almonds, trail mixes, etc to be very helpful in this category. I carry around the 100 calorie packages of Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds....they are soooo good! And if you have a sweet tooth they will help you out without really high sugar contect. And, milk, flavored low-fat or fat-free milk if you don't like milk, can be a big help. Has the carbs and the right protein for building your muscles. Plus, calcium which women really need!

Thanks for the idea. NUTS!!! So simple, I ask myself why I didn't think of it. LOL! I also like the milk suggestion too. :flowerforyou:
  • hitxgirl
    hitxgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the links! I have read both and found them very enlightening. Before seeing a nutritionist and joining MFP I couldn't understand how eating more would help me lose weight. The post on eating exercise calories broke it down and was really helpful. Thanks again!:flowerforyou: