Replies

• wrkowt70
    wrkowt70 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    12 minutes 36 sexonds
  • ForeverCharlie
    ForeverCharlie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    30 steps. I have created a home gym in my family room.
  • sweetbamaTLC
    sweetbamaTLC Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    It takes me 13 min. to drive to my gym....and it's convenient to all of my other typical errand stops.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    5 miles
  • cranberrytape
    cranberrytape Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    3 minutes. The perks of living on campus. Whenever I have trouble motivating myself to go exercise, I remind myself that this is the only time in my life that I'll be this close to a gym with no membership required.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    The gym I use is less than 2 miles from my work. This is fantastic because I go during my lunch break. They also have a location that's about 3 miles from my house, but I don't use it as often. It's more crowded and doesn't have a pool or hot tub like the one by work.

For me it has to be convenient. I won't even do more than a 30 minute commute for work; I certainly wouldn't do it to workout. I find commuting time frustrating; it's lost time that I'd rather use elsewhere.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    My gym is less than a 5 minute drive away from home. It's an easy commute but I think a twenty or thirty minute drive would be worth it as well.
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Used to do the gym thing, but now I run outside and use Beachbody home programs. I'm also an instructor for Insanity so I get all the rounds as part of my pro team membership as an instructor so I get a new "workout" to choreograph every other month. I don't have many weights at home but I consistently add to my home gym so I'll have in due time what my gym has. :)

When I did go...it was a 10 minute walk from my house.
  • amongstthewildflowers
    Options
    I feel pretty lucky because the town that I live in has 2 gyms, both only a few minutes away from my house. I do think that the closeness really helps make it easier for me to go but I would be ok with driving to a gym that's 15 minutes away.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    The gym I used to go to was 5 mins away from my work, but 45 away from my house. I made the drive on my days off. The one I have now is 10 mins away from my house, which is nice.
  • forgivensins
    forgivensins Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Mine is like 2-3 blocks away, within the apt complex but I still rarely make it. Rather use what's in my apt. I can't imagine having to go so far out of the way. Just the time would bother me.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    My bike is my gym.
  • EmilyStopFlying
    EmilyStopFlying Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My gym is a 10 minute jog from my house, or a 10 minute ride from work so I do that and consider it my warmup :)
  • markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Have a home gym now. My former gym was a 10 minute drive.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    A few steps. My gym is in my basement.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    My gym is about 10 miles from home...takes me about 15-20 minutes in traffic. 20-25 minutes commute doesn't seem that bad to me...but I live in a decent sized, urban sprawl of a city and it takes me 20 minutes to get pretty much anywhere...my office is 20 miles away from home and it usually takes me an hour to get there.
  • Weightlossdude53
    Weightlossdude53 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm very luck. My gym is about 2 miles from my house. I won a one year membership to the gym in a contest,
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    missdibs1 wrote: »
    Up the stairs

^^ This. Upstairs in my house.

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    My gym is closer to work than home. I have no excuse to not go there before home.
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Mine's about 15-20 minutes away. There are closer gyms but I love the one I'm at. It's way smaller and feels more personal. Because it's so small I tend to have the place to myself when I go which is just perfect for me.