I want chocolate!!!!!!!!!!

Options
omg this week is tough! im due on (sorry tmi) and i always always crave choc! but ive been good so far (12 days of no choc!) however today its getting me really down! tell me to be strong and step away from the chocolate! or can anyone recommend any low cal ones?

Replies

• ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Have a piece of chocoloate. A small one, but with full flavor. Enjoy it, savor it, get every bit of pleasure from it you can. Factor it in your calories and keep going. When I want something that badly and I deny myself, I wind up binging on other things that don't really satisfy. Nothing should be forbidden, just eat it in moderation. You can do it!
  • kristiek7
    kristiek7 Posts: 198
    Options
    lol...i am the same way.......it's dreadful!!!!!!!!!! I could eat all day long!!!!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THAT WATCHING THEIR CALORIES MEANS NO CHOCOLATE?!?!?!?!?!

Just budget some room for it. I have chocolate in some form everyday. Chocolate chips to munch on, a couple cookies, or chocolate milk. Have some chocolate. AND LIKE IT! It's not going to make you fat if you eat a kit kat. It's going to make you fat if you eat 10. Everyday. Forever.
  • klthomas59
    klthomas59 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    try drinking swiss miss hot chocolate-diet tastes good
  • relhcsrof
    Options
    I am bad too when it comes to that! LOL i eat sugar free fat free pudding it does the job! with skim milk:love:
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree- HAVE ONE! Depirving yourself of every little 'treat' will make you spiral out of contorl one day! Treat yourself :) & It's exactly that, a treat, not something you have all the time. Have a piece of chocolate, it will not kill you. Preferably dark chocolate if you can! :)
  • pocketsam
    pocketsam Posts: 134
    Options
    LOL same for me this week! I had some 70% coco green and blacks dark chocolate melted over strawberrys last night. Worked a treat and low call! Lindt does some dark chocolate bars with crystalized ginger or chill or cherrys in. Just a couple of squares is good since its such a strong flavour.

Or 'Options' Hot choc has some amazing flavours 33 cals a mug or there indulgence range at 40 cals a mug.
    Can you tell I have felt your pain this week too? :P
  • rcurien
    Options
    I have your answer - Quakers Rice crackers chocolate flavour. 18 pcs only have 140cals (or around that) that they satisfy my craving. Or if you work out on a regular basis, buy protein pwd - you need this anyway to build muscle and they have choc flavoured ones. Totally satisfies me - its like drinking a choc milkshake. Hope it helps and keep strong!
    Raph
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THAT WATCHING THEIR CALORIES MEANS NO CHOCOLATE?!?!?!?!?!

Just budget some room for it. I have chocolate in some form everyday. Chocolate chips to munch on, a couple cookies, or chocolate milk. Have some chocolate. AND LIKE IT! It's not going to make you fat if you eat a kit kat. It's going to make you fat if you eat 10. Everyday. Forever.

i know im being silly and i see what u mean/ i will try and factor it in! :)
  • kitta3
    kitta3 Posts: 84
    Options
    I buy weight watchers chocolates, they just come in bags and I try to eat only one when I want some

or Diabetic chocolate (sugar free) has about 80 cals less per 100g
  • ArishaManley
    Options
    If you want chocolate then eat one with a higher percent of coco in it, 72% the darker the better. In small amount it is good for you It helps with mental health, do the research.
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    omg this week is tough! im due on (sorry tmi) and i always always crave choc! but ive been good so far (12 days of no choc!) however today its getting me really down! tell me to be strong and step away from the chocolate! or can anyone recommend any low cal ones?

I have 2 suggestions:

1. Get some Deep Chocolate VitaTops. They have them at grocery stores and costco. They're frozen, but you pop them in the microwave for 45 seconds and its' a warm gooey brownie. They have 100 calories and contain about half of the RDA for vitamins, have 9 grams of fiber too. They're so satisfying, I have one every morning for breakfast.

2. Eat chocolate. Eat your favorite chocolate. Just be sure to log it and work it off. Don't deny yourself what you want because that won't be a lifestyle you can live forever. This is about learning how to live the rest of your life without gaining weight back. Do what you need to do, just do it smart.

Good luck!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    LOL same for me this week! I had some 70% coco green and blacks dark chocolate melted over strawberrys last night. Worked a treat and low call! Lindt does some dark chocolate bars with crystalized ginger or chill or cherrys in. Just a couple of squares is good since its such a strong flavour.

Or 'Options' Hot choc has some amazing flavours 33 cals a mug or there indulgence range at 40 cals a mug.
    Can you tell I have felt your pain this week too? :P

thank you my kindred spirit! lol! i have no restraint when it comes to choc so have had to go cold turkey but i have to cave in and have a tiny bit! i like the options but it doesnt hit the spot if u know what i mean?
  • DJmom44
    DJmom44 Posts: 91
    Options
    I keep a bag of mini chocolates in my freezer (Dove brand in U.S.). Eating it frozen by letting it melt in your mouth makes the flavor last longer. I can have a piece everyday if I want and count the calories. I agree that depriving yourself is going to make you binge. Good luck!
  • usmcpatience
    Options
    There are so many things you can have that are low-calorie for that chocolate craving. I literally eat chocolate everyday...Here's some of the things I go for....

NO PUDGE BROWNIES (It's a box mix you add 2/3 cup of fat-free vanilla yogurt to...only 120 calories a brownie!)
    WEIGHT WATCHERS ICE CREAM TREATS
    Piece of dark chocolate (small)
    Low-cal chocolate chip granola bars (Try quaker 90 calorie)
    Special K chocolate cereal
    Peruse through your cook books...i know my better Crocker cookbook has a chocolate chip cookie recipe with suggestions on making it lighter...like only 90 calories a cookie lighter!
    There are tons of low-cal chocolate recipes.

Have at it!
    And if you end up going over your calories, don't beat yourself up. Just get right back on track tomorrow!
  • chunk3y_m0nk3y
    Options
    I think most of us women are the same when it comes to that time. I have a bottomless stomach during that time and chocolate is one of the things I crave the most. Have you tried the 100 calorie snack packs like chocolate covered pretzles? They are so good and if you eat them slow they are so satisfying!! Enjoy your chocolate and dont deprive yourself. You are allowed to have a treat daily. Just keep it small and you wont have anything to worry about. Hope your feeling better soon. :)
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I literally eat chocolate everyday...

And if you end up going over your calories, don't beat yourself up. Just get right back on track tomorrow!

Dude you are my new bestfriend
  • ADJulie
    ADJulie Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My advise is to not deprive yourself. Every time I have deprived myself, I have ultimately ended up over indulging which is not what you want to do. Give yourself a treat and just make sure that you ration for it. I have discovered that is the key to success, or at least my success. Good luck on your journey.
  • clohessy
    clohessy Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Nestles dark chocolate chip morsels. I have a few of these every day very low calorie for a few chips!
  • lookinggreat
    Options
    For goodness sake have chocolate! Just make sure you integrate it into your meal plan. My everyday breakfast is a cup of skim milk with splenda and unsweetened cocoa powder. And If it's not enough I repeat for afternoon snack. It's creamy, filling, and satisfying. Who said you could not have chocolate while trying to lose weight? It's all about measuring your quantities and calories.