I love EGGS!

Options
13»

Replies

• healthyhayles
    Options
    Ahh.. eggs! One of my favourite morning breakfasts is poached eggs on toast with avocado. Divine!! I think seeing this post has convinced me to incorporate eggs into breakky tomorrow. :)
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Count me in! We have chickens and there is nothing better than collecting and then cooking fresh eggs. Alas, I am not the only one that likes fresh eggs. It seems we have a black snake that loves them also. Ha ha.

I found a great recipe for egg salad using cottage cheese instead of mayonnaise. Mix one whole egg and the white only of another egg with 1/3 cup cottage cheese. Add salt, pepper, and a little mustard if you like. It is so good with very little calories and a ton of protein.

Thanks for this...it will be my lunch today!
    My new favorite is a poached egg on a salad....yum.....
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Eggs are not fit for human consumption if one is looking to increase ones lifespan.

Just in case any of you are willing to reconsider, i urge you to view some or all of a series of short videos on Dr. Greger's nutritionfacts.org :

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-cholesterol-size-matter/

Egg Industry Blind Spot
    Eggs and Cholesterol: Patently False and Misleading Claims
    Eggs vs. Cigarettes in Atherosclerosis
    Who Says Eggs Aren’t Healthy or Safe?
    Debunking Egg Industry Myths
    Eggs and Arterial Function
    How the Egg Board Designs Misleading Studies

BOLD Indeed: Beef Lowers Cholesterol?

Fully Consensual Heart Disease Treatment
    Barriers to Heart Disease Prevention
    Trans Fat, Saturated Fat, and Cholesterol: Tolerable Upper Intake of Zero
    Heart Disease Starts in Childhood
    When Low Risk Means High Risk

Meh, I eat eggs and shrimp and beef and all the cholesterol containing foods. My total cholesterol is a low 127 with excellent hdl:ldl.. My grandmother ate two eggs every day of her life. She died in her 90s.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I like Reeses Peanut Butter eggs. Does that count?

Only around Easter.
    Reeses-Eggs.jpg

I have 2 eggs every morning too. I just switched to one whole egg and 6 tbsp egg whites a few weeks ago.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Poultry menstrual waste? No thanks.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    We have one dozen hard boiled eggs in our fridge plus another 2 dozen not cooked at any given time. We love eggs at this house. And because we're both so physically active, it's not like our cholesterol is suffering at all.
    Love them. Just had one for breakfast/pre run meal!
  • Nutmeg76
    Nutmeg76 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs, I love eggs. When I don't eat enough eggs my hemoglobin is low...blah!

I was under the care of a dietitian for years and limited my eggs, beef and other "high cholesterol foods" and my cholesterol bordered on being high. When I switched to a lower carb way of eating and increased my fats, which included eating eggs 3-4 a day, my cholesterol went down and my HDL went up...even my triglycerides dropped from 76 to 36! I'd say eggs are just fine for me.

I do think some people do better with less animal products and others do better with more. I am one of those more folks myself.
  • Erikhulse
    Erikhulse Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to read any of that, but is it because of the yolks? I only eat hard boiled eggs, and I never eat the yolk. Am I still not "increasing ones lifespan" by eating hard boiled egg whites?
    Eggs are not fit for human consumption if one is looking to increase ones lifespan.

Just in case any of you are willing to reconsider, i urge you to view some or all of a series of short videos on Dr. Greger's nutritionfacts.org :

Egg Industry Blind Spot

• Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options

Egg Industry Blind Spot

My cholesterol is extremely low - along with my blood pressure - and I eat up to 36 eggs a WEEK. Yes, a week.

Still waiting for the time bomb to go off.... in the meantime, I'll have me an omelette. With cheese.