Thank you, pizza hut

Options
I just want to take a moment to thank my local pizza hut for making me a pizza that made me sick for an entire day. because of that pizza, i don't think i'll ever be ordering pizza ever again. inadvertently, they have cured my once, absolute weakness, for ordering a pizza every couple of weeks. i feel like i can finally move past my cravings and onto bigger and brighter things! the next craving i want to kill is my ice cream craving. does anyone know any terrible ice cream places i could try?

Replies

• Janet72285
    Janet72285 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Well thats one way to stop cravings lol
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I haven't had Pizza Hut in a year and a half, due to both terrible service and tasting like greasy cardboard.

As for ice cream, pack up everything you have and send it to me. :wink:
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    We haven't had Pizza Hut pizza in EONS (ironically by Brother in Law works for one) because it's a little more than one step above Chuck E Cheese Pizza!

We opt instead for a NY Style Pizza place in town that makes Pizza to Order. They don't deliver to us, but hey we go there for dinner every Friday night! Yummy!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Sonic ice cream has a disgusting aftertaste and is unsatisfying. HTH
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I avoid Pizza Hut like the plague. I get sick every single time I eat anything from there (as in....I spend my entire day/evening/weekend in the bathroom).
  • scarletpride16
    Options
    Wow it has been a long time since I've been to pizza hut lol. But yeah I have not really been craving pizza. It seems that my cravings are limited to burgers and fries or buffalo chicken strips/wings :laugh:
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I once got food poisoning from their hot spinach dip and didn't eat it for a year. Ahh memories.
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    How thoughtful of them. Hope you're feeling better!
  • hbgirl85
    Options
    Haven't had pizza in ages and don't miss it like I thought I would. I just saw ads yesterday for pizza with bacon and cheese baked in the crust and another one with a pretzel crusts. Yuck. they should call them sodium specials!
  • maizerage66
    maizerage66 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You all are crazy for hating on Pizza Hut. The Pizza Hut in my area is the best around....I only go there once a year though because one meal is my entire day's worth of calories lol
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of Pizza Hut, but I still eat pizza from other places every Friday. I also eat ice cream about once a week.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Blessing in disguise maybe?
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Try getting your ice cream at Pizza Hut?
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I just want to take a moment to thank my local pizza hut for making me a pizza that made me sick for an entire day. because of that pizza, i don't think i'll ever be ordering pizza ever again. inadvertently, they have cured my once, absolute weakness, for ordering a pizza every couple of weeks. i feel like i can finally move past my cravings and onto bigger and brighter things! the next craving i want to kill is my ice cream craving. does anyone know any terrible ice cream places i could try?

I was "cured" of my cravings for Dairy Queen Blizzards in the same way.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I love the Hut personally, they are brilliant in regards to my coeliac, I've never been glutened in any of their restaurants. The staff are always very nice and knowledgeable, albeit sometimes there can be an awfully long wait for them to bring the bill even when the place isn't very busy. The normal pizzas I used to get were quite greasy but I enjoyed them well enough, I don't think the gluten-free pizzas are particularly greasy though. There are no starters I can have alas but I can have the tortilla chips from the salad bar, and ice cream later! It's a great place for me to eat out.

The only reason I don't eat there more regularly is because a pizza is almost an entire day's worth of calories!
  • SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Last time I had Pizza Hut was when I was newly pregnant with my now 11 yo daughter. Morning sickness started right afterward and I can't stand the thought of the stuff to this day. It didn't carry over to any other kind of pizza, though.
  • DavidxMFP
    Options
    for all you pizza hut fans, im not dissing pizza hut. just the one in my area. and im not really dissing them. im thanking them for ridding me of my cravings. hopefully, for life. =D
  • _sirenofthesea_
    _sirenofthesea_ Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh how I wish I could not want pizza -
    Probably one of the things I miss the most - and yes - before everyone says 'you can have it in moderation' - I know that - but I can't seem to do pizza in moderation - so I just have to stay away! :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I had pizza hut a few months ago and I can say without a doubt - never again. It was just horrible. Still love Papa John and other pizza places though.
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had a horrible experience at Pizza Hut in the past month. Had that new Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Crust pizza and, while it sounds delicious, felt a little undercooked with the dough and bacon in the crust. That night I was just not well at all, I'll leave it at that.