is Jillian Micheals ripped in 30 worth it

Options
I just finished day 1 of week 4 ripped in 30 and I absolutely feel like giving up.i am just wondering if I have to go through all this pain to shed a few more pounds.i completed 30 days shred right before I started ripped in 30 and between the start of 30days shred and now I have lost 5lbs doing these JM exercises 6 days a week, cardio for 45mins mins for 2-4 days a week and counting my food calories however right now I am feeling I can still get this result without the ripped in 30 pain but at the same time,i just don't want to quit since I am already in week 4 maybe I just need some motivation. If you have completed this program or something similar,please tell me why I shouldn't quit.

P.S I like to take weight loss in a slow and steady manner but I really want to loose about 8 more pounds before my wedding which is already very close.it is on the 28th of november

Replies

• kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I -loved- Ripped in 30. Week 4 was my fave, even though it was a beast. If you're feeling pain that isn't normal soreness, you may be pushing yourself harder than you can handle. Have you tried giving yourself an extra day off during the week? There's really no reason to force it 6 days a week if you need that extra day for down time. Heck, when I started that one, I could only handle it 4 days a week.

TLDR: Go at your own pace. Don't push harder than you can handle.
  • KineticCalvaria
    KineticCalvaria Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it, it'll get easier physically the more you do it and it'll be worth it. Don't give up now your so close!
  • nwachim
    nwachim Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I -loved- Ripped in 30. Week 4 was my fave, even though it was a beast. If you're feeling pain that isn't normal soreness, you may be pushing yourself harder than you can handle. Have you tried giving yourself an extra day off during the week? There's really no reason to force it 6 days a week if you need that extra day for down time. Heck, when I started that one, I could only handle it 4 days a week.

TLDR: Go at your own pace. Don't push harder than you can handle.

My knees are really hurting,the first alternate lunge moves was really hard for me,Just the thought of doing the workout makes me very anxious, I guess I will take your advice and do it maybe 3 days this week and three days the next week.Thanks

Thanks KineticCalvar I will try and stick to it
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    My knees are really hurting,the first alternate lunge moves was really hard for me,Just the thought of doing the workout makes me very anxious, I guess I will take your advice and do it maybe 3 days this week and three days the next week.Thanks

When you're knees are hurting from it, adjust your form. I didn't go down as far when I started, simply because it made my knees scream. That was pushing it too far for me. I still did it, but didn't go down quite so far. You can modify everything to your needs and push yourself a bit further when they don't feel quite so challenging anymore. Good form is far more important than rushing to keep from injuring yourself. It's a process!
  • nwachim
    Options

When you're knees are hurting from it, adjust your form. I didn't go down as far when I started, simply because it made my knees scream. That was pushing it too far for me. I still did it, but didn't go down quite so far. You can modify everything to your needs and push yourself a bit further when they don't feel quite so challenging anymore. Good form is far more important than rushing to keep from injuring yourself. It's a process!

ok thanks! I will try reducing my range of motion and going at a slower pace tomorrow
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I'll finish on Friday and right before I start my workout I always dread it because I know what's to come. But in the end of the workout I'm glad I didn't give up. We're so close to finishing, so why not keep going? Like someone said if your knees are hurting check your form and maybe go at a slower pace.
  • nwachim
    Options
    I'll finish on Friday and right before I start my workout I always dread it because I know what's to come. But in the end of the workout I'm glad I didn't give up. We're so close to finishing, so why not keep going? Like someone said if your knees are hurting check your form and maybe go at a slower pace.

It's good to know someone else dreads it,lol.i will take a day off tomorrow and give the week 4 another shot on Wednesday.Thanks for your encouragement