Paleo Diet

Options
What are your thoughts?

Replies

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I'd have to tweak it so much to suit my preferences, that it wouldn't even be considered "paleo" anymore lol. I love white potatoes, peanuts, sugary stuff, and a bit of dairy way too much for me to be able to commit to that.
  • A_Dabauer
    A_Dabauer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Get your hands on a copy of Practical Paleo. It goes through a lot of the science of why it's a good option. It also isn't preachy, saying you need to make the modifications that seem right for your life. I'm not eating paleo because I'm a die hard believer in the philosophy but because I have medically confirmed food intolerances that make paleo the closest "diet plan" that I can use a reference for cooking ideas. That being said, there are foods that Paleo says are ok I can't eat and a few mostly milk that I still have in small quantities. I feel much better, my skin conditions are diminishing as well my arthritis is better and allergies are also getting much better.

I'm not sure I'd say the whole world needs to eat this way but it certainly is working for me.
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    i think biologically it makes good sense, and would help a lot of people who currently suffer from some of the emerging disorders we've seen in the last 10-15 years... type 2 diabetes, celiac and gluten intolerance, possibly even IBS.

personally, there are a lot of things in my life that wouldn't be allowed on a true paleo diet, like dairy, oils, and low- or no-calorie drinks. i need a measure of convenience in my life.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    i need a measure of convenience in my life.
    :drinker:
  • shexy16
    shexy16 Posts: 68
    Options
    My thoughts? Another fad. Sorry.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I'd have to tweak it so much to suit my preferences, that it wouldn't even be considered "paleo" anymore lol. I love white potatoes, peanuts, sugary stuff, and a bit of dairy way too much for me to be able to commit to that.
    This, and it's expensive. And black beans are tasty. And bread. And it's very poorly named.