FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif

It's an MJ eating popcorn kind of day. :drinker:

In for more popcorn.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    One day won't do you any harm but it won't do you any good and it certainly will not "cleanse" anything.

Multiple days won't do you any good and can, in fact, do you harm if you do it long enough. It still won't cleanse anything.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    h3F52EF6A
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    If people would only listen - Mexican tap water
    Fast results
    Effective
    Economical

:drinker:

More legit than tea and lemon.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are that it is unnecessary.

• DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    MoviPrep anyone? :sick: THAT stuff will polish up your colon in no time.
    Been there; done that.
    Several times.
    Nice & pink.
    Clean & shiny.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    MoviPrep anyone? :sick: THAT stuff will polish up your colon in no time.
    Been there; done that.
    Several times.
    Nice & pink.
    Clean & shiny.

I'm due soon for my 5 year scope. So not looking forward to that salty lemon pledge tasting crap.

hrk.gif
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I suggest you discuss this with whoever you are seeing for your eating disorder.
    I am sure they will be very pressed. And yes, op has an ED and as usual everyone has failed to glance at his profile, post history or profile picture to realise this.
    You honestly should not be on this site op as you are clearly using it as a tool to further your anorexia.
  • Janet72285
    Janet72285 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If people would only listen - Mexican tap water
    Fast results
    Effective
    Economical

:drinker:

This^^^
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    So for a while now I've been meaning and wanting to do a "cleanse" ; only drinking hot tea and lemon water (just for a day). What are your thoughts on this?

I dont think you really want our thoughts because you already know what we all would say. I hope there is a person (in real life) you can talk to about your eating issues. You dont look well and I hope you can get some help. God Bless Josh.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Thoughts on cleansing... unless by cleansing you mean taking a bath... it's stupid... that's what the kidneys and the liver is for.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Take a shower and then go see someone about your ED.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    The body’s own detox system

We tend to forget that the body is equipped with a detoxification system of its own, which includes the following:

The skin. The main function of the body’s largest organ is to provide a barrier against harmful substances, from bacteria and viruses to heavy metals and chemical toxins.

The respiratory system. Fine hairs inside the nose trap dirt and other large particles that may be inhaled. Smaller particles that make it to the lungs are expelled from the airways in mucus.

The immune system. This exquisitely orchestrated network of cells and molecules is designed to recognize foreign substances and eliminate them from the body.

The intestines. Peyer’s patches — lymph nodes in the small intestine — screen out parasites and other foreign substances before nutrients are absorbed into the blood from the colon.

The liver. Acting as the body’s principal filter, the liver produces a family of proteins called metallothioneins. Metallothioneins neutralize harmful metals like lead, cadmium, and mercury to prepare for their elimination from the body. Liver cells also produce groups of enzymes that regulate the metabolism of drugs and are an important part of the body’s defense against harmful chemicals and other toxins.

The kidneys. The fact that urine tests are used to screen for drugs and toxins is a testament to the kidneys' remarkable efficiency in filtering out waste substances and moving them out of the body."
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    How will you know when you are sufficiently cleansed?

Squeaky colon. Duh.

SNL_0617_04_Colon_Blow.png
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    The only "cleanse" I would ever recommend to anyone is to stay hydrated and eat one of my stuffed sweet potatoes for dinner. That sucker has an entire day's worth of fiber in a single meal, and the poop aftermath is pretty epic.

Other than that... no.

In for poop aftermath.

Recipe?
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I cleanse in the shower daily, sometimes twice daily depending on how grimy I get...but mostly once.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    bowiedisapproves1.gif
  • swaggityswagbag
    swaggityswagbag Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The idea that a "cleanse" removes "toxins" and all that junk is ridiculous psuedoscience.

However, the idea of drinking nothing but water for a day (a little honey and lemon if you like) is not a bad one if you know you have been having a lot of gastrointestinal problems and it's an ongoing issue. I personally do this occasionally because I feel like eating anything more will make the problem worse; I avoid all flavorings and carbonated stuff as well, because I know that will make it worse, so I end up doing a sort of "water fast" for a day or so. This is because my body sometimes doesn't digest everything I eat properly (i.e. it takes too long and I get nauseous/upset stomach) and every once in a while it gets bad enough that it gets in the way of my life. I have IBS symptoms, btw, so I take a digestive enzyme mix to eat most foods.

But otherwise, there are no "toxins" or anything you have to personally worry about. Let your liver and kidneys worry about that.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    The only "cleanse" I would ever recommend to anyone is to stay hydrated and eat one of my stuffed sweet potatoes for dinner. That sucker has an entire day's worth of fiber in a single meal, and the poop aftermath is pretty epic.

Other than that... no.

Um....recipe? Cause I love sweet potatoes and I want to stuff things in them.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I suggest you discuss this with whoever you are seeing for your eating disorder.
    I am sure they will be very pressed. And yes, op has an ED and as usual everyone has failed to glance at his profile, post history or profile picture to realise this.
    You honestly should not be on this site op as you are clearly using it as a tool to further your anorexia.

This +1