Tracking poop and attitude?

Options
I am doing the "Virgin" diet (http://thevirgindiet.com/) and I am interested in tracking extra items mentioned in the book.. I see adding "Measurements" on the "MyFitnesspal" check-in page but I would like to see these on the food page with metric values. What are they? Mental attitude at the time of the meal. It could be 1 to 10 like at the doctor’s office. Also tracking "poop". I think I think a 5 would be good and 1 or a 10 would indicate bad problems. These are key items in determining if the food you are ingesting is having an effect on you. I've been on the diet a week and I've cut out the 7 food categories and I feel great. I've lost weight, not as much as the claim, but close. I am finding glutin and soy is embedded in everything processed. I am doing more home cooking now. I do have more energy and the poop is in range. But I don't have it measured for a history analysis. At the end of the diet I can add back items one at the time to see if they were causing me problems. Is there any way to add poop and attitude metrics to the MFP food page for reporting?

Sincerely, Ibuc is searching for an easy way

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Use the "Food Notes" section in your diary.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

Does it have a place where we can upload photos or do you just start a new discussion to ask about the poop if you're not sure what number to assign to it?
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options

Does it have a place where we can upload photos or do you just start a new discussion to ask about the poop if you're not sure what number to assign to it?

I post mine to my blog, but you could probably start a thread if you wanted to.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

Isn't it always #2?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

Isn't it always #2?

#1.5 on Taco Bell day.
  • ibuc
    ibuc Posts: 6
    Options
    LOL! thanks for the reply's. I figure a 1 or a 10 poop will get your undivided attention and will push that attitude number down in the weeds. Like most people, I've been on both side of the scale. The best weight lost I've experienced was in the military with a bad case of dysentery. 35 pounds in 2 weeks. Not a happy camper. On the other end of the scale? I thought dynamite would have been a good laxative choice. Not a happy camper. I strive for a 5. As for photo's ? I saw a diaper change on a baby yesterday and I lost my vision for 5 minutes. Mine is all I want to view. My goal is to track the foods and the attitude. I just can not believe Taco Bell would slip me bad food. It is so GOOD. Well I sent the ideal to MFP to see if they will pick it up.
  • ibuc
    ibuc Posts: 6
    Options
    ps , food notes is ok but it has no scale.

ibuc
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options

Isn't it always #2?

#1.5 on Taco Bell day.

I bet birds use 1.5 too.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I understand your post, but not the numbers as they relate to the poop. How do you determine the number?

I'm not actually going to participate in Rate My Poop, but am curious.

This is not something that comes up every day here! :)
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I am just going to leave this right here: http://www.ratemypoo.com/
  • the_arghbowl
    the_arghbowl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Did Amber just create an alter?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I get attitude when I can't poop. Never thought to track it. Thanks OP!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Woahhhhh slow down here. Are we seriously discussing rating our poops? Um in that case I think I've been doing this all wrong!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    In, because I want this on my feed.

But um, yea, results could be useful for people like my husband who are trying to figure out what's causing "distress".....
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    The Virgin diet?

I don't think I could do that. I like alcohol way too much.
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    LOL i love talking about poop!!:bigsmile: :laugh: i'm a med student, so we ask about bowel movement all the time, never realized how important it was until surgery rotations.... yay poop!!

there is a scale we use:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_stool_scale
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    On the 1 to 2 scale I'm saying this is a 1.3, looks pretty liquidy to me...

shark-pooping.gif
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I can't.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

I post mine to my blog, but you could probably start a thread if you wanted to.

You post pictures of your poop to your blog? I gots ta see dis!