zumba

Options
How do you know exactly how many calories you have burned on a zumba session? It doesnt come up on the list when i type in Zumba so i have googled and searched, but just curiouse, would it be under something else other than zumba?

Replies

• SuperMoniMonk
    SuperMoniMonk Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I do the Cardio Party and list it under dancing twist etc... 365 calories I think. But it's just an estimate :/
  • shanamalena
    Options
    I have noticed alot of people put it under dancing, aerobics, high impact..... I want to get a HRM just for that reason thou :-)
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    The best thing to use is a HRM but since i dont have one i list it as areobics high impact so you can atleast get an idea.
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    The only way to really know (or best guess) is to use a HRM when you do zumba. MFP is not accurate and can be over or under estimating your calories burned.
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I list it under dancing, general but I definitely want to get a HRM
  • dmcgee
    dmcgee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi there, My daughter does Zumba...she logs it under dance, aerobic, dance, modern.....she also just got a body bug. She burned 809 calories last night according to it....she weighs around 235 to give you some idea. Hope this helps.
  • sherrievil
    Options
    Research says that Zumba burns between 500-1000 calories an hour....That said the only way to know exactly how much you burn is with a HRM! My first zumba class I brunt 500 calories. It just all depends on what intensity, weight, height and all that to know exactly what you burn! Hope this helps! =)