No pockets?!?!

Options

Replies

• bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Depending on what I have to carry, I use a SPIbelt, a tiny fanny pack, or a larger lumbar pack with a bottle holder.

If you sweat a lot, like I do, I suggest putting your phone and anything else that could be damaged by water or salt into a ziplock bag before putting it in the other bag. Ask me how I know this….
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem trying to find a spot for my keys. Currently I clip them with a carabiner onto the waist of my shorts, but they could easily fall off. I'm thinking about getting a jogging belt like Trayn mentioned.

I put my house key on my shoe lace
  • Lose_It_Dude
    Lose_It_Dude Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Go to running store and get an arm band for your phone and then use a blue tooth headset to allow to use the phone.

Hope the idea helps :)
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Same problem for me when I go horseriding on the weekends. I need to take my keys and my phone, and my Jodphurs don't have pockets.

I bought one of these :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adidas-Bum-Bag-Fanny-Waist-Pack-Travel-Bumbag-Unisex-Black-Money-Cash-Travel-Gym-/271622869796?pt=AU_Adult_Unisex_Accessories&hash=item3f3dfc1324

Only $17 from my local sport store. Unlike alot of others it's not too big, and I wear it in the small of my back so it's not in the way, and it doesn't bounce around at all.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    every pants/pj's/shorts should have pockets MANDATORY! :grumble:
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to buy an arm band, find an old tube sock. Cut the foot part off so it's just a long cylinder thing. Roll it up halfway and then slide it on your arm, and put your phone in between the two pieces of sock fabric.

I hope that made sense. If it didn't, find an old tube sock, stick your arm in it, and experiment from there. Yes your arm will be sweaty but this just saved you $15.
  • RachelAngel01
    RachelAngel01 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Another vote for SPI belt. :-)
  • slvrsrfr
    slvrsrfr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    FlipBelt for the win.

http://flipbelt.com/
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Key always goes on my right foot, right side lace. Phone always goes in the arm band. I also always run with music.
  • EmilyStopFlying
    EmilyStopFlying Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I put my phone in a sock to protect it, and then it goes in my bra. I've had no problems doing that, it doesn't get sweat on it at all.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I have an armband. In the past, I would wear a camelback running and I would carry my ID and iPod in the outer pocket.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Here's a new one to this post...

I use something called a running buddy. http://www.therunningbuddy.com/collections/all (also available at amazon)

It is a magnetic pouch that you wear on the waist of your pants or shorts. It will hold your phone, headphones, and bank card, house key.... I really like it. No issues with sweat getting through it and ruining your phone. Different sizes available for different phones.

You can view an image of how it works here, though it works best attached at the small of the back, or the front of waist, as it needs a flat stretch (unless you have a bendy phone ;)http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0181/2933/products/product3_5caec12d-c3a5-4996-9da0-5a60c6388345.jpg?v=1411272793
  • rrowdiness
    rrowdiness Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    armband

single key, credit card, drivers license and $20 cash are all flat so usually fit.

key can also go on a drawstring if you wear shorts with a drawstring, or be laced into your shoe.
  • melbot2point0
    melbot2point0 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The girls are large enough that I wear two bras as well as a shelf bra in the shirt I run in... I just stick my phone on one side and my ipod in the other, between the bras and shirt. No sweat.
    Although it's getting cold enough now that I've been wearing hoodies. They always have pockets. :)
  • midnight419
    midnight419 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm running with or wearing - armband, hand held water bottle pocket, or shirt/jacket or bra pockets.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Melis25Fit wrote: »
    So my jogging attire doesn't have pockets. But when I go outside to workout, I HAVE to bring my phone, incase work needs to get ahold of me or incase of an emergency (God Forbid that should happen!) Anyways, I tried putting it in my sports bra (TMI maybe??) But I sweat alot for a girl, plus I don't want the phone to bounce out- it was kinda spendy.
    Hanging on to it, I feel like it may slip out of my hands. Gah! What do you ppl do with your phone if you take it out running?

Nature has equipped all of us with a hidden pocket. Your gender has two.
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I generally wear an armband when I run.

I used a Flipbelt for a while, but after a few longer runs it would never stay flipped & I dropped my phone on more than one occasion (headphones saved my screen!). Additionally, I preferred to have it around my hips when running but it always slipped upwards.

When I'm doing a shorter run, I'll carry my phone in my hand and wrap the extra length of my earbud cables around my phone/fingers to prevent it from slipping!
  • 7aneena
    7aneena Posts: 146 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Melis25Fit wrote: »
    So my jogging attire doesn't have pockets. But when I go outside to workout, I HAVE to bring my phone, incase work needs to get ahold of me or incase of an emergency (God Forbid that should happen!) Anyways, I tried putting it in my sports bra (TMI maybe??) But I sweat alot for a girl, plus I don't want the phone to bounce out- it was kinda spendy.
    Hanging on to it, I feel like it may slip out of my hands. Gah! What do you ppl do with your phone if you take it out running?

Most of my running work out pants have pockets, I get them from Lululemon, they big enough for a galaxy phone, they also have pockets for keys (all lululemon pants) and for credit cards
    [url=http://shop.lululemon.com/products/category/womens-run-bottoms?lnid=women;features;run;bottoms[/url]