Calling all full time parent/worker/student

Options
Trying to find some like individuals to share in our fitness journey? I am a full time mother, work full time and will be starting school full time next week...eeek! How am I supposed to find the time to fit myself in, let alone staying on the healthier track?!? Let's be friends and help each other. Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• Ruzuki
    Ruzuki Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I work full time at the moment (usually Im only 30 but Im covering for someone), and I take classes too. Its hard to fit in cooking real meals and stuff with my schedule. One of my classes is a swim class so that helps.
  • rachelmiller89
    rachelmiller89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I work full time at the moment (usually Im only 30 but Im covering for someone), and I take classes too. Its hard to fit in cooking real meals and stuff with my schedule. One of my classes is a swim class so that helps.

It is hard! I find it especially hard because my classes are all morning and I work in the evening, not getting home until after 9p.m. Fitting in decent timed meals is killer.
  • kateycorcoran1
    kateycorcoran1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hey! full time in college and have 2 part time jobs.. its hard haha!
    add me for sure would love some new friends to keep motivated :)
    101810191020 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Full time Special Education teacher, full time graduate student, and full time stepdad to 2 girls, 7 and 9yrs old

If you see my diary most of the things I eat are raw except chicken, pasta and potatoes. But when I cook I make enough food for 3 days. Not easy that's for sure but it is worth it :)
  • snbouchard81
    snbouchard81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am a single mom who works full time and goes to school. I would love to have more like-minded friends. :)
  • soon2besize2
    Options
    Hey guys! Full time mom and full time student here. Currently contemplating about going back to work part time. :)
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Full time mom, full time nurse, full time grad student...

It aint easy, but somehow I get by. I do the best I can every day and accept that I can't be perfect at everything every day. My priorities shift constantly...

Friend me if you'd like, although I'm not incredibly supportive because I'm incredibly busy!
  • melbot2point0
    melbot2point0 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey friends, I work full time as a driver at a pizza joint (eek!)
    So between free staff meals, sitting in my car all day, and working late hours, it's definitely a struggle.
    I've been doing great with the meals so far (I'm two weeks into my journey as of today and I've only had 3 slices of pizza in that time. BEAM)
    But by the time I get home at night it's dark (neighborhood's not so nice, so running's out) and late, so I'm eating dinner late and going to bed late.
    I've been really trying to keep up with exercising. I've been doing circuit training DVDs at home, so far so good!
    I think I'm doing well, but motivation's never been one of my strong points.
  • ashleyjohnstonn1
    ashleyjohnstonn1 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hey! I feel your pain. I'm a full time student and I work about 30 hours a week at my main part time job (bagel place/breakfast restaurant) and about 8 hours a week at my side job which is just entering things in quickbooks for a coworkers dad.

I know how you feel. I wake up early in the morning to get to work (I either start at 5 or 7 am depending on the day) and go to school nights. So it's tough! I usually end up fitting in my workouts during some sort of 2 hour gap or so I find during my day. I just go to the gym.

As for eating... I try to get a healthy breakfast in at work but I usually don't eat lunch and then dinner is whatever I can scrounge from the fridge or I eat whatever my boyfriends parents are eating or what my grandmas eating lmao sometimes it's healthy sometimes it's not. It's tough. But I'm just doing the best I can with limited time and limited money!

Would love to have like-minded friends!
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm not a parent, but I work full-time AND go to school full-time. It's a pain in the *kitten*, but do-able.
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not a parent, but I work fulltime and am working on my Masters fulltime, too! Please feel free to add me. :)
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    For 15 years I did the full time (office hours) job, full time mum, full time study, and full time horses (14 horses at one point, average 3 to 4), shows and riding. It's doable, and I'd consider myself a pretty lazy person. Secret is to make a week's worth of lunches on Sunday and fridge/freezer them.
  • DeterminedBex
    DeterminedBex Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am a FT mum and work at home running a business! Happy for you to add me