Costco ground turkey

Options
bbsimmons6
bbsimmons6 Posts: 14 Member
I bought ground turkey from costco last week. The kind with four individually wrapped packages. Does anyone know about how many pounds that is? Took off the main wrapper to freeze and individual packages don't say if they are 1 or 2 pounds. Have to take some out of the freezer for Turkey Meatloaf. Thanks.

Replies

• togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure it is 6lbs when it is completely wrapped all together so i guess divide that by how many packs are inside it.
  • mrsandres
    Options
    Yup... I read yesterday each individual pkg should be somewhere around 20 oz. Good Luck! I just made turkey meatloaf last night... YummmO! =)
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Each package is 1.25lbs....170 calories for 4 oz....We go through a lot of turkey burger :)
  • bbsimmons6
    bbsimmons6 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks girls!! Recipe calls for 5lbs. I think I'll use it all and just increase other ingredients a little. With a family of six I know it'll all get eaten. Can't wait to eat it. It sounds awesome :)
  • stacey_cw
    stacey_cw Posts: 1
    Options
    They are all actually different. The weight is specified on each package of four.
  • anjimcbride
    Options
    I get that package at Costco regularly, it's 6.5 pounds, each individually being 1.6 or there abouts. It varies, like, 6.47, 6.35, 6.40 and so on and so forth.
  • indiatres
    indiatres Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    good question, best to just weigh it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    How did you even find a 5 year old thread about turkey?