P90X/INSANITY...Testimonials.

Options
I have heard so much about these two workout programs P90X and Insanity. Does it really WORK?? Once I build up some stamina, I would like to try it. I hear nothing but great things. Any testimonials.

Replies

• midgetrapper
    midgetrapper Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    each of my co-workers that bought the DVDs & tried it quit within a month.
  • Skinnybab
    Options
    I have done The insanity work out and loved it, it gets the hard to loose place and really tones them up..
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/163104-p90x-30-day-results

another girl just posted her results after 30 days

I started it this week. Its a big time commitment (and it ain't cheap either), but when you calculate the time I spend driving to the gym and the time working out, it is about even for me. Its tough and you really have to push yourself but I love it.

A girl in my office started it last April and lost over 100 pounds by the end of the year (I think she did 2 rounds of it).
  • michellerieger
    michellerieger Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i'm on my third week of classic round and I really love it. I promise you see results. For me, it hasn't been so much physically because I haven't purchased proper weights or equipment. But I will tell you this:

The first week I was doing plyometrics, I had to take a lot more breaks than they did in the DVD. On the third week I only took breaks when they took them :]

My first week of yoga was HARD. But after the third week I can stretch more than I could before and looked forward to getting through the whole thing. (Yoga X is 90 min but the first 45 min are more hardcore stretching and make you sweat, but the last 45 min are balance and more relaxed.)

And Ab Ripper X: The first time I paused the DVD so many times. It's about 15 min long, but it took me almost 30 min to complete. Now I only take a couple pauses and feel great afterwards :] The first time though, you will be sore the next day. But if you are doing the classic schedule, you are doing the Ab Ripper 3 times a week so you gain stamina.

Hope this helped! Feel free to ask me anything else and I'll do my best to answer.
  • XxJar3dxX
    XxJar3dxX Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes I live on this workout. I have done the 3 sets of ten type workouts for years but these workouts kick your butt and you see results fast.
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've completed P90X and am currently in my first week of Insanity. It's ABSOLUTELY worth it, but you do have to work hard and commit to giving your best every time. Insanity is no joke-- I'm very fit and it kicks my @ss! I love it though....
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    each of my co-workers that bought the DVDs & tried it quit within a month.

Sounds like your coworkers are very driven.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    P90X Start Round 1- 288 lbs, 34% bodyfat, size 48 jean

P90X Finish Round 2- 222 lbs, 8% bodyfat, size 31 jean

At the start of round 3 I injured a bicep and was unable to workout for somewhere between 6-9 months. So, I put some weight back on. I was finally able to complete a 3rd round and I am now (kinda lost count), I believe, on round 5 or 6 but now I'm doing P90X/Insanity hybrids.
  • JohnHein
    Options
    I lost 18 lbs on my first round of P90X, dropping my body fat from 28.6% to 21%. I really enjoyed the P90X system and didn't miss a workout and stayed on top of the diet (using MFP to track everything).

Now I'm just finishing up Week 4 of Insanity. So far I'm even on weight loss but my core area is firmer than it's ever been and my cardio fitness is as good as it was when I was in high school 20+ years ago. I'm enjoying the change-up in focus from P90X- Insanity is more about cardio and conditioning than weight and resistance training, and I found the P90X cardio workouts started to become repetitive after a while...not so with Insanity. Word of warning though- you need to have a good base level of fitness to do Insanity- even after 90 days of P90X, the first few weeks of Insanity kicked my butt, and from all I hear, Month 2 is even harder than Month 1.

Next stop for me is a P90X/Insanity hybrid starting in March.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Wow, because it was to difficult or they weren't getting results?
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your feedback, looks like that is something I have to put on my to do list.
  • rkohli
    Options
    I have started Insanity, 2days into it. I am almost ready to pass out after the warmup...but I have to carry on!
  • jbudge1
    jbudge1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My wife and I just finished week 4 of Insanity today. Next week is the "recovery" week which is still a pretty hard workout. Then on to the final 4 weeks. Insanity has been great. The first week was tuff and i was sore everywhere. It gets easier but it will work you out and make you sweat! We have not missed a single workout. I highly recommend it.

I am starting P90X on Monday. I will be doing P90x in the morning and Insanity in the afternoon. Should be crazy doing both programs.