Zumba Wii

Options
Do you NEED the belt for this?
Anyone have a review they would like to share. I will be getting it tomorrow...just the disc..no accessories.

Replies

• ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I don't have the answer for your question, but I would like to say that it sounds fun and I haven't heard of Zumba for the Wii yet!

-Chancy
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    They have Zumba for Wii!!?!?!?!? I must have it! =)
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I've seen it too and wondered how it was. I want to get it too. Love Zumba and the feeling after a good workout!
  • mjune1
    mjune1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I read that the belt is included so you don't have to hold the remote...

Track your movements on screen with the included Zumba belt that allows you to transform your Wii Remote into a hip-motion sensor.

This is on my Xmas wish list... can't wait to get it.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Yes, I beleive you do. It is how the Wii keeps track of your motions. It has 10 levels to pass, so you get points, like a typical video game.
  • miss_martin
    Options
    Oh wow... a new Wii game I will need to look into!! :)
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I have it. The belt does come with it. It's ok... really difficult for me because I'm a terrible dancer. But I'm coming up to speed quickly! Makes you sweat for sure. GREAT workout.
  • BughaBear
    Options
    Yea like she said it does and since I got the other game that also came with one when I get this game I will have 2. I do the Zumba dvds and I love them and now to have it on the Wii even better haha where ever whenever I can do Zumba I love it!!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I have it. The belt does come with it. It's ok... really difficult for me because I'm a terrible dancer. But I'm coming up to speed quickly! Makes you sweat for sure. GREAT workout.

Can you use it without the belt? Like if you put the remote in your pocket or secure it to your waist?

I am not buying it new so I just get the disc no belt or accessories.
  • twenora86
    Options
    No you don't need the belt. I have only the game and I hold the remote in my hand and it works just fine.
  • flynabster
    Options
    Can't wait to get mine in.....ordered it last week!!!!
  • Eidajan
    Options
    I hear there is a Zumba game available for PS3 too? Which is better the Zumba for Wii or Zumba for playstation?
  • Fineraziel
    Options
    Zumba is available for Wii, PS3 and Kinect. But its a real challenge to find where to buy it! lol ;P Your best bet is to order it on internet, like I did. ;)

Zumba Wii comes with a belt (you put the remote inside so it can track the movements of your hips to give you points). But of course you can simply put the remote in your pocket or keep it in your hand (like when you play Just Dance! ). Personally, I just play WITHOUT the remote! ;P I dont care about the points, so I just dance for fun. :)
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Zumba is available for Wii, PS3 and Kinect. But its a real challenge to find where to buy it! lol ;P Your best bet is to order it on internet, like I did. ;)

Zumba Wii comes with a belt (you put the remote inside so it can track the movements of your hips to give you points). But of course you can simply put the remote in your pocket or keep it in your hand (like when you play Just Dance! ). Personally, I just play WITHOUT the remote! ;P I dont care about the points, so I just dance for fun. :)

You know that makes sense...LOL. I just care about how many calories I burn and my HRM tells me that! I didn't know if maybe you needed it in order to detect the movements. Like with EA Sports Active if it doesn't detect the movement you cannot advance to the next part.

Thanks so much, Now I am excited to try it :)
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I want the Zumba game so bad! I asked for it for Christmas. I had it in my cart at Walmart where its only $30 and when I went back to my cart it was unavailable. I guess they sold out already. I hope I still get it from my mom.
  • amberpaige08
    Options
    I just bought the Zumba game for Wii last night and it is awesome!!! I feel great even though I did the beginners level. Its only 20 minutes but it goes none stop and you can feel it! I have the belt. When you buy it get the $40 box and it comes with the game and belt. Its really fun and I suggest it to anyone!
  • esherwood2
    Options
    I love Zumba for the Wii. The calorie burn is awesome and it is so fun that you will want to keep going. You really need the belt because that is how your moments are tracked but if you buy the game the belt will come with it.
  • fishstixx520
    Options
    You don't need the belt, if you don't care about scoring points. All it does is keep track of your hip movement to make sure you're doing it right. And the game keeps track of your points so you can try to get better. I've never played without the belt, but I'm sure it's not that big of a deal as long as you follow along correctly, you'll still burn calories!
  • str30
    str30 Posts: 3
    Options
    You should go to Amazon.com to get it, b/c I got mine for $18 ...I love it.