Has anyone tried ALLI??

Options
Hey has anyone tried Alli? Is was thinking of giving it a try, but need I more info.
If you have, please let me know and how it has worked for you and the side effects
of course.... Thanks to all and GOOD LUCK!

Toodaloo!
Kymwho :wink:

Replies

• Kymwho
    Kymwho Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hey has anyone tried Alli? Is was thinking of giving it a try, but need I more info.
    If you have, please let me know and how it has worked for you and the side effects

Toodaloo!
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it but isn't there a pill you take? I wouldn't take a pill to lose weight, even if it is FDA approved. I just don't trust it. But that's just me :tongue:
  • Kymwho
    Options
    From what I understand it will block 30-40% of your fat intake, not to sure on that though.
  • bpcousins
    Options
    It works!
    But if you take more than 3 a day, you'll be sitting on the toilet a lot more often than usual.
    I have been overweight for at least five years now.
    I have been using Alli for a couple weeks and started this website 6 day ago, and now I am below 160 for the first time in at least four years.
    Costco has the best prices on Alli.
    I highly recommend it!
  • holly333
    holly333 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've tried it...it blocks about 25% of the fat that you eat. But you have to be VERY careful with the amount of fat that you consume with each meal or you'll have what the program calls "treatment effects" These consist of oily discharge that is sometimes hard to control. What it really is, is the excess fat that your body isn't absorbing. I have a friend who is on it right now that wears a panyliner constantly because of this problem. She has had some success but I don't know that it is worth it.
  • MissMe9669
    Options
    From what I hear... it isn't worth it! I know that personally... I don't need any "leakage" coming from me:sick: ... I will stick to the old fashioned way!!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    And there are side affects to every drug.....and do not take it if you have Gall bladder issues or do not have one.

dd:noway:
  • bob9304
    bob9304 Posts: 87
    Options
    I looked into it but that "anal leakage" side effect was a big turn off to me. Main thing is if you take in less calories than you burn you will lose weight. Bottom line. Its good to eat healthy, there are some foods that will help you burn quicker, i.e. caffeine, cinnamon etc. but if you burn more than you ingest you willl lose weight. A real good book to look into is "You on a diet" it is not a diet book per say but it describes how your body processes foods, what raises and lowers your metabolism, hints for healthy eating. It is an asy read and full of great info.
  • melelaine
    melelaine Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    read the side effects, it warns you to always have extra pants and underwear in case of anal leakage. I don't believe in any of the pills and gimmicks. The basics of weight loss are restrict your calories, eat healthy foods and exercise. What are healthy foods? I say natural foods, fruits, veggies, nuts, grains and meats. But you have to eat the right things at the right amount. You need some fat and you need some cards. Even if this pill does "block" fat absorption, it's not helping you learn to eat better and you will either have to take it forever, or you will gain the weight back when you stop. You need to learn healthy eating habits, not try to find a way to cheat around it. They are all a waste of money. Besides, it hasn't been around long enough to know what the long term effects are, look at other diet pills int he past, like Phen Phen.
  • trishara
    Options
    I have and its not good. Let's just say bathroom from hell. My stomach was in knots.
  • amysol
    amysol Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've tried it, yes it works, yes there are some side effects, but, if you eat right while you are on it you won't get those side effects. Taking ALLi or not is up to each individual person!
    Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • shaynak
    Options
    I am a nurse and would never recommend anyone using weight loss pills. The usual way that they work is harmful to the natural workings of your body. If you are still really considering using them, see your doctor first and have him explain exactly how they work. The box isn't all telling . . . . .good luck!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    THERE ARE NO MIRICLE PILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kymwho
    Options
    It works!
    But if you take more than 3 a day, you'll be sitting on the toilet a lot more often than usual.
    I have been overweight for at least five years now.
    I have been using Alli for a couple weeks and started this website 6 day ago, and now I am below 160 for the first time in at least four years.
    Costco has the best prices on Alli.
    I highly recommend it!

If you don't mind me asking...how much weight have you lost in those 3 weeks w/alli?
    Thanks!
  • AtlantaSara
    Options
    I tried it when it was available by prescription only -- and the side effects just aren't worth it to me. I also find that I don't really have a high fat diet so the weight loss was pretty minimal, again not worth it.
    For what its worth, I think if you focus on your diet and exercise and really use this site and keep track of every little morsal you eat and exercise (even if you dont feel like it, make a deal with yourself to do SOMETHING/ANYTHING for 15-20 minutes and then if you still feel terrible you can quit )- but I find that if I start, I meet my goal of 60 minutes.

Good luck to you - regardless of what you decide.
  • Kymwho
    Options
    I know there are no "miracle pills" however, I just wanted to speed up the weight loss process if possible. I'm just sooo darned sick of this weight!! :sad: It has affected me in so many ways, health, depression, breathing, constant back pain, not wanting to go out in fear that someone will see me and how much weight I've gained over the last 3 years. :sad:
  • bpcousins
    Options
    Well, when I started taking Alli, instead of watching what I ate, I ate worse!
    I ate all kinds of junk thinking I could get away with it.
    I didn't gain any weight though!

This past week, when I started eating 1200 calories a day and taking my Alli with the meals that have fat in it, (Again, no more than 3 a day to avoid side effects!) and drinking 8 cups of water a day, I lost 4.4 pounds!

This is a miracle for me.
  • Kymwho
    Options
    Well, when I started taking Alli, instead of watching what I ate, I ate worse!
    I ate all kinds of junk thinking I could get away with it.
    I didn't gain any weight though!

This past week, when I started eating 1200 calories a day and taking my Alli with the meals that have fat in it, (Again, no more than 3 a day to avoid side effects!) and drinking 8 cups of water a day, I lost 4.4 pounds!

This is a miracle for me.

WOW! Now that's just great! I think I will try it this weekend.
    Thanks for all the help! :flowerforyou:
  • Kimiko
    Kimiko Posts: 8
    Options

Toodaloo!

I know there's a lot of hype about teas but if you drink 1 -2 cups a day of tea (wulong/green), warm or hot, it'll get things moving for you and you'll even have time to make it to the bathroom!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I know there are no "miracle pills" however, I just wanted to speed up the weight loss process if possible. I'm just sooo darned sick of this weight!! :sad: It has affected me in so many ways, health, depression, breathing, constant back pain, not wanting to go out in fear that someone will see me and how much weight I've gained over the last 3 years. :sad:

When you stop taking them, what is going to happen. Change of diet and exercising is the real process.