Protein

Options
Hi all - I have a question that hopefully someone can answer. It is 3:00 in the afternoon and after having a hard boiled egg with breakfast and the Dijon chicken at Applebee's for lunch, I discover that I have eaten all the protein I need for the day. My question is Whats For Dinner?:laugh: Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks and everyone have a great day

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Eat all the protein you want, as long a it is lean and healthy. Just as long as you get at least what MFP recommends.

Also, try to eat 6 smaller meals during the day, instead of waiting to have only 3. You will be less hungry and your blood sugar will even out during the day.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    As long as you're going by the MFP auto goal for protein, it's not a horrible thing to go over on it. Just don't want to do it ALL the time.

But some good options are lots and lots of veggies lol
  • foundchris
    Options
    Personally I'm always over my protein for the day, even when I'm under my calories. I've never stressed about it. As of today I'm down 35 pounds and I know I'm stronger and faster than before. If you're way over your fat or carbs I would be worried, but not protein.
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Protein is a great thing to have! Just choose lean meats or lentils. It doesn't matter if you go over the recommended. That recommended is like a "RDA" or Recommended Daily Allowance. People often up their Vitamin C or other stuff. Alot of us raise our Protein too. I have manually set my Protein from 64 to 82. And I am actually going to set it higher. Protein builds muscle, so it's great when you're working out.

I'm down 60 pounds in 2 months .... and what's working for me is 6 small meals daily with protein being the major portion of each meal.

Good luck and Great health on your weight loss journey!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    A balanced diet through out the day. So if you think you have had enough protein for the day, go for more vegi and fruit, along with smaller portion of the protein for dinner if desired. For me, is one day I started with too much heavier food earlier, I tent to eat lots of vegi for dinner, and some fruits. Your body will appreciate the balance at the end of the day.