MPF Runners Club 8/30

Ok I looked to see if a thread was started and didn't see one so here I am.

Ran 5.5 miles this morning. Wow, first time for that and I have to say, it didn't feel really hard. There were some hills but nothing insurmountable. Only stopped a couple of times because I didn't want to leave the last person in our group behind. (the stops were brief).

They are training for a 1/2 marathon that is taking place in a few weeks. I may just do the training and see what happens. Who would have thought I would be talking about doing 1/2 marathons. I must be nuts.:noway:

Replies

• SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Ok I looked to see if a thread was started and didn't see one so here I am.

Ran 5.5 miles this morning. Wow, first time for that and I have to say, it didn't feel really hard. There were some hills but nothing insurmountable. Only stopped a couple of times because I didn't want to leave the last person in our group behind. (the stops were brief).

They are training for a 1/2 marathon that is taking place in a few weeks. I may just do the training and see what happens. Who would have thought I would be talking about doing 1/2 marathons. I must be nuts.:noway:
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    WTG Sherry and good morning runners!!

I ran 4.5 miles this morning. I envy those of you who have been talking about your cool morning runs. It is still warm and muggy in Texas. I guess I should not whine. In a couple of months my weather will still be nice while some of you will be freezing!!

Shannon - Good luck with your run today. I hope your foot is ready.

Good runs and good rests to everyone.
    JD
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Good morning all!

Sherry and JD- Nice work this morning!! Sounds like you guys both had good runs today!

This was my last "long" run before the 1/2 marathon next Sunday. We went 12.7 miles today in 1 hour 39 minutes. I am happy to say that if someone had told me at the end that I had to run one more mile, I think I could have done it.

I think we are going to just do 2 short runs Tuesday and Thursday this week and then have 2 rest days before the race. Thoughts??

Happy Running!

Ali
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Today I'm going to get on the elliptical with high resistance. I'm limited on what I can do because I'm at work. So I'm going to watch the second half of LOTR Return of the King while I work out. I live a charmed life.

Of course this is all contingent upon not having to put bandaids on too many Joe Q Publics because they stubbed their toe getting off the boat while drunk......

Holiday weekends at the fire station.....
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    6 mile early run for me.

And then my kids did a kids of steel triathlon this morning- 50yd swim, 1.5 mile bike, .5 mile run. They did AWESOME and it was fun to cheer them on. They've been awesome cheerleaders for me at my races!

Have a good one!

Jess
  • 6 mile early run for me.

And then my kids did a kids of steel triathlon this morning- 50yd swim, 1.5 mile bike, .5 mile run. They did AWESOME and it was fun to cheer them on. They've been awesome cheerleaders for me at my races!

Have a good one!

Jess

How fun for them and you. That is nice really. I bet they loved it after cheering you on all this time!:drinker:
  • Good morning all!

Sherry and JD- Nice work this morning!! Sounds like you guys both had good runs today!

This was my last "long" run before the 1/2 marathon next Sunday. We went 12.7 miles today in 1 hour 39 minutes. I am happy to say that if someone had told me at the end that I had to run one more mile, I think I could have done it.

I think we are going to just do 2 short runs Tuesday and Thursday this week and then have 2 rest days before the race. Thoughts??

Happy Running!

Ali
    Awsome job! Good luck on that 1/2 marathon next week. I bet you are going to do great!!!
  • Good morning to all runners. Sounds like everyone is having a great day. :heart:

I did a 5.4 mile run today. I had a hard time of it though. Didn't stop or anything, but was really pushing myself, and pace was slower to at 12:24. I was questionalbe going in the first place, kind of a little stomach thing... but not really sick. Ok... kind of a bathroom thing.:embarassed: :grumble: Anyway, I wasn't sure if I would be able to go very far, but once I got going, I was OK, just couldn't get any speed, so I just treadged along.
    I also got pumped up again this last week for those keeping track. That is 2 times in 2 weeks because of the leak we are rushing things along. I wasn't going to go larger, but once I got a little bigger, I said one more time. But right now I am two pumps bigger than I am going to be and I am huge. Like a double D at least. My daughter is an F (naturally), and right now I almost look like her. I will be glad when I get the replacements in, they should be like a C (what I use to be). The only reason I bring it up, it is a bit of extra weight I am not use to carrying around. I honestly think it could be a small part of the reason for the slowness.

It is also very humid today, and this overcast. We are supposed to get thunderstorms. They usually go around our house. I wish it would rain, wouldn't have to water stuff.

I hope everyone has a save and fun weekend.
    Enjoy,
    SM
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Wow so many good runs this morning! :drinker:

Great going Sherry, JD, Jess, SM & Ali (you are sooooo ready for your 1/2!!!) :drinker: :drinker: Hopefully you won't have too many boo-boo's to bandage, firegirl. :laugh:

Well - got in 4.6 miles this morning! Foot feels fine, but BOY did I get soft taking a couple weeks off. :embarassed:

Have a wonderful, safe weekend my crazies!!! :smooched: :smooched:
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Wow so many good runs this morning! :drinker:

Great going Sherry, JD, Jess, SM & Ali (you are sooooo ready for your 1/2!!!) :drinker: :drinker: Hopefully you won't have too many boo-boo's to bandage, firegirl. :laugh:

Well - got in 4.6 miles this morning! Foot feels fine, but BOY did I get soft taking a couple weeks off. :embarassed:

Have a wonderful, safe weekend my crazies!!! :smooched: :smooched:

WELCOME BACK TO THE RACE SHANNON!! and 4.6 miles wouldnt be considered soft :laugh:

Ali
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    alimass, good luck on the 1/2 marathon next week.

Shannon, good to hear you are back at it. 4.6 miles is not soft at all. JD, you are right about the weather. I haven't run in the winter so I am anxious to see what will happen.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    :drinker: Yay Shannon:smile: Glad to hear it went well even though you've gone soft! You will be back in full swing or stride in no time flat!

Rest day for me, I have got to get my house cleaned up before I end up on that BBC show "How Clean is your House". Okay, no where near that level, but it does need a good end of summer wipe down :happy:

Have a great Saturday run everyone!