daily caloric intake

Options
I am having a hard time eating my daily calories. It honestly feels as if I am eating alot, and so I don't know how I can get myself to eat more. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am looking for safe weight loss, but with too few calories, I guess I am not being too healthy.
I need help! I have issues with eating all of the time, I don't feel hungry much, and I don't want to eat when I'm not hungry.

Anyone?

Replies

• butterflyfaerie
    butterflyfaerie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, I think my main problem with losing weight is that I don't eat enough instead of eating too much.

I try and eat large meals, instead of having several small meals in a day. I aim for 300 calories a meal, and 300 for snacks. If I'm under one meal, I'll have something that has a little more than 300 calories to make up for it. It's all well and good eating the lower calorie things, but when you're not hungry most of the time, you have to splash out on some things that are a little more.
  • Samana06
    Samana06 Posts: 107
    Options
    Try eating higher calorie foods ... apples with peanut butter ... most nuts are high in calories but full of the good fats and stuff ... even sprinkling some protein powder on some of your foods will up your calories!
    I'm sorry I'm not more help!
  • gina205
    gina205 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Try eating nuts. They are high in calories and you only need a handful. Hope that helps!
  • Shana0481
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, the problem that I am facing, is that due to me not being hungry hungry, and not wanting to feel like I'm eating all of the time, I have a hard time getting myself to eat the higher calorie foods for fear that it would be bad for weight loss. I need to try and find that balance. I need help with low priced and easy lunch and snack ideas.

Again thanks! Plus this site is telling me that my goal should be 1400 calories! That to mee seems alot.
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    That's not too bad, but it can be hard to eat many meals if you are only use to a few. I used to be like that because my metabolism was so slow. when it's slow you have no urge to eat. try eating small meals, and be sure to have breakfast. within a week or so of eating these meals you should start to feel hungry. and that is not a bad thing either. another thing I've been told is to be sure to drink a lot of water. it will supercharge your metabolism which will even out to the same thing