Losing it because I am gaining

Options
2»

Replies

• jlr1115
    jlr1115 Posts: 11
    Options
    What's the 30 day shred someone mentioned? Also, I weigh 150 (some days) most around 147. I would be thrilled to just get down to 140. (I'm about 5' 5 1/2") I have been at that weight and it is where I look and feel the best . I just can't seem to be consistently good. Three or found days of eating great and exercising, and then a day or two of blowing it. I am fairly inconsistent on this site. One thing I can't figure out though is if there is a way to communicate with the same people or group regulary so it's a more personalize support system. Is there?

As for going 139 to 150 that seems quite a lot. I would recommend seeing a doctor if that continues. However, my weight can easily range 5 pounds within several days because of water retention. Also, I agree with the post about going by the feel of your clothes also. I understand the frustation of only needing to lost 5-10 pounds. People at work are always offering food and make fun if I say I'd rather not because of watching calories. Oh well.
  • jlr1115
    jlr1115 Posts: 11
    Options
    I did the Happy Weight. I liked it. I was aiming for 140 and this said 142. At least my goal is realistic.
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of your advice, support, etc. I just checked back in and am so overwhelmed by your caring. I really needed it a lot. I am a pretty independent person and reaching out for something like weight is hard for me to do.

It was a hard day at work- a Dr joked with me and asked if I was "expecting" - it really hurt even though he was joking. You can tell the weight gain for sure.

I went on a 1 1/2 walk tonight up the hills around town and am off for a super long all day bike ride tomorrow with a friend. I am keeping up the healthy lifestyle and plan to check in with a nutritionist as well to see what she may have to say about it all. I may check in with a trainer too. I realize I need some support. I will share any news, advice, etc that I get with you guys.

Again, thank you. I cant tell you how much all your caring has meant on a day that has really just been hard and when I just wanted to give up. (even though there is nothing to give up unless it is being on here and admitting the lack of progress to you guys)
    Onward and upward (not the lbs, just the health and muscle!) :happy:
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    cool site- yep my happy weight it 136 and I was going for 135!

And yes I have messed a bit with my metabolism in the past and did a 30 day juice fast and then went 100% raw. So I know my body is probably adjusting but crap! the extra weight sucks.

Anyway, I am feeling more positive and will continue with the wt training and exploring to figure it all out.
    Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    What's the 30 day shred someone mentioned? Also, I weigh 150 (some days) most around 147. I would be thrilled to just get down to 140. (I'm about 5' 5 1/2") I have been at that weight and it is where I look and feel the best . I just can't seem to be consistently good. Three or found days of eating great and exercising, and then a day or two of blowing it. I am fairly inconsistent on this site. One thing I can't figure out though is if there is a way to communicate with the same people or group regulary so it's a more personalize support system. Is there?

As for going 139 to 150 that seems quite a lot. I would recommend seeing a doctor if that continues. However, my weight can easily range 5 pounds within several days because of water retention. Also, I agree with the post about going by the feel of your clothes also. I understand the frustation of only needing to lost 5-10 pounds. People at work are always offering food and make fun if I say I'd rather not because of watching calories. Oh well.

On Sept. 1st a fellow MFPer asked anyone who wants to join her in a challenge>

First, you purchase Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred
    Then, you view it to find your level.
    Next, you do it for only 20 minutes a day for 30 Days.
    Finally, you enjoy your toned body and the weightloss which can be 20 lbs. in 30 Days.

There is a thread for the challenge where you can join the party,

Are ya in?!

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • jlr1115
    Options
    Thanks! I'll see about getting the DVD and get with it.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I definately agree with all previous posts... if you've been doing weight/resistance training... it could be you have gained muscle. I would look into trying a different scale for the next few weighs and maybe look into getting one that checks your water/fat/muscle mass. This could explain the weight gain.