Greek Yogurt

Options
WOW!! I just tried the Vanilla Dannon Greek Yogurt which is 110 calories....it is SO yummy! I've heard so much about greek yogurt and have been thinking about trying it forever- I'm so happy I did! What do you all think about greek yogurt? What do you usually mix into it, or do you eat it plain?

Replies

• garysgirl719
    garysgirl719 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    It's a fabulous breakfast with a touch of honey and granola. I have to admit though, it's so much easier to get at Starbucks than to make myself.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I love it. I get the Fage 0%. I add blackberries, a little whipping cream & splenda. Yummy!
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    I use the low fat plain unflavored kind as a substitute for sour cream. My family hasn't noticed the switch. Other than that I am not a big fan of any type yogurt.
  • xxxwings
    Options
    I put low-fat plain Greek Yogurt on my waffles with fresh berries every morning :D
    I loooove it!
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of yoghurt really, although will use 'Quark' or 'eat smart' morrissons 'fromage frais' as a sauce substitute for chicken/turkey/ meat dishes :) with a splash of soy sauce or 'maggi' seasoning, black pepper+garlic granules its lovely
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    I buy the Oikos greek yogurt that has blueberries on the bottom.....YUM-O! :)
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I recently started eating Greek Yogurt too. I love the thick creamy texture. Chobani is a brand I eat. Very good!
  • NOLAdy
    NOLAdy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I get the plain and stir a little honey in it.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I use the low fat plain unflavored kind as a substitute for sour cream. My family hasn't noticed the switch. Other than that I am not a big fan of any type yogurt.

Me too! I don't mind yogurt but it has SOOOO much sugar its not worth it. I have been using the organic plain fat free kind in recipes to get creamy textures without the fat. Packs a ton of protein in, too!
  • dawnkitchen
    Options
    I really dislike Greek yogurt, sadly. It reminds me too much of sour milk (I didn't add anything to it - but I think I ruined myself from trying it again in the near future).

ANYWAY. My personal trainer likes his with honey and sunflower seeds.
  • bonboncito
    bonboncito Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT. I try making it myself twice and its just not the same. Have anybody try making it at home.
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just made the switch to Greek yogurt and I love it too! I get the Dannon with the fruit on the bottom and then I mix in 2 tablespoons of organic oats and honey granola. The granola helps if you don't like the texture of the yogurt alone.
  • puppysue
    Options
    my fav is Fresh and Easy brand non fat greek yogurt... a whoopin 24g of protein... and only 8g of sugar... so thick and creamy... I throw in some frozen blueberries and I swear its heaven! I don't even like the regular yogurts anymore...
  • jsmnlyd84
    jsmnlyd84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i like it; i think it's more satisfying than regular yogurt, especially with some ground flaxseed sprinkled on
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Greek Goddess with the honey OMG I could eat the whole thing. I have tried other brands and as someone said it tasted like sour milk..Yuck..
  • tinboy
    tinboy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I LOVE :love: "The Greek Gods" Honey -flavored greek yogurt with granola and fresh berries...raspberries, bluberries, blackberries. It makes an awesome breakfast...but it ISN'T low-calorie!! They do make plan, non-fat yogurt, which would not be bad with fresh fruit and some no or low-calorie sweetener...
  • sharamia
    sharamia Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt. I buy the non-fat plain type either Fage, or Chobani. (No hormones in them) I put it in smoothies, or add fruit to it. Yum. I make Tzaziki with it too. (Yogurt, garlic, dill, cucumbers)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I hate the fact it costs 3x more than regular yogurt, lame! I get enough protein (100-110g day) so I still haven’t tasted the stuff since it’s overpriced (and I looooooooooove my deals!) and kind of funky tasting that appeals only to certain people (after reading several other threads that's been my conclusion).
  • tinboy
    tinboy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I hate the fact it costs 3x more than regular yogurt, lame! I get enough protein (100-110g day) so I still haven’t tasted the stuff since it’s overpriced (and I looooooooooove my deals!) and kind of funky tasting that appeals only to certain people (after reading several other threads that's been my conclusion).

It's not the "taste", it is the texture! The greek yogurt is very thick, I really like it! It probably does tast different, but really it is just a different experience altogether; I really don't like "regular" yogurt that much anymore!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i'm obsessed with Greek yogurt! i can only eat a few brands (Oikos, Chobani, Dannon) since i've gotten used to their tastes, but i eat it every day, usually with breakfast! i like to add in some granola.