SBF...August 30

Good morning!
Did your Saturday start out good? I wanted to sleep some more but we have to get up and go work on the pastor's van this morning. We have a busy weekend, lots of socializing. I hope Alex handles it all okay!
I stepped on the scale this morning. I don't know why I did it. I lost a pound though! Trying not to get my hopes up that I could be on a roll. It may be just fluctuation. Time will tell.
I ate a horrible breakfast though. Too much syrup. Gonna have to work it off today!
Goals today:
log food, which I hardly do on the weekends
clean up house for meeting tonight (we're having our first marriage counseling session tonight too!Yikes)
maybe get in Shred if I have time.
Drink water!

I hope you ladies have a good day!
Melissa

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Good morning!
    Did your Saturday start out good? I wanted to sleep some more but we have to get up and go work on the pastor's van this morning. We have a busy weekend, lots of socializing. I hope Alex handles it all okay!
    I stepped on the scale this morning. I don't know why I did it. I lost a pound though! Trying not to get my hopes up that I could be on a roll. It may be just fluctuation. Time will tell.
    I ate a horrible breakfast though. Too much syrup. Gonna have to work it off today!
    Goals today:
    log food, which I hardly do on the weekends
    clean up house for meeting tonight (we're having our first marriage counseling session tonight too!Yikes)
    maybe get in Shred if I have time.
    Drink water!

I hope you ladies have a good day!
    Melissa
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    I didn't wake up in time to go to weights class. I was just too sleepy. Talking about going for a bike ride today and will do some yoga as well. Yesterday I did the BL for 20 minutes - and I really should do that more. It was hard again. I walked as well.

I won't get on the scale until Monday or Tuesday.

Have a great long weekend -those that are stateside anyway. :tongue:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Morning friends!

today I hit the gym with a "reward session" with my trainer. (13 shiny stars in 14 days!) (I have new "star stickers" for my chart that are super shiny. I love them.) The last time she kicked my butt really, really bad. I'm aiming for 400 calories, so a semi-light day for me. If I don't make it with her, I'll add some elliptical in at the end.

Yesterday I had the worst bikram session ever. Almost as bad as my first time! I looked at my log, and I'd missed snack time. I think I either bonked, or was a mental mess, as my husband and I had a little snitty disagreement right before I left. Who knows. . .but I'll take that afternoon apple and almond butter more seriously on Monday, I can assure you.

So, gym, water, vits and no refined food. I find I'm craving sweets a lot, and looking back over the log, although I've been staying within my calories, they haven't always been good ones. I've been wasting a high amount of calories on "treats" on unauthorized days. Too easy to rationalize with "but I stayed under my calorie limit". I need to quit that.

Happy workouts!:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Have a great long weekend -those that are stateside anyway. :tongue:

oh, we have one too. Canadians love them some holiday Mondays!:wink:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    I meant to sleep in because I'll be on call tonight from 8pm to 8am... but then I got called at 7am anyone because someone read the schedule wrong. :grumble: Then I was awake and couldn't go back to bed. So I got up and made a lasagna for a friend who just had a baby AND is moving into a new house. I'm gonna have to figure out the nutrition on that thing, because it looked really good - I wanna make one for myself! I did my pushups last night, so I let myself have ONE of the chocolate chip cookies I baked for the same friend. Mmmm. Not so long ago, I would totally have eaten 5. :embarassed:

We're going to help the friends unpack, but if that doesn't turn out to be much of a workout I will do a DVD or maybe jog around the block a few times. My foot is pretty much better, but I'm still a little nervous about it.

I love holiday Mondays, too. It's like a bonus on top of a bonus - long weekend, followed by short week! Unfortunately, my company only ever seems to schedule major upgrades/outages on Labor Day weekend, so I'm working - talk about irony. :huh:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Oh, one more thing - I was sufficiently stressed last night that I decided to go ahead and pick up a bottle of wine while I was out. (I had one glass - sue me. :tongue: ) Same liquor store I've been before (though not in a few months), and I think maybe even the same kid (who barely looks 21 himself) behind the counter. Didn't get carded last time. This time, there were a couple of women ahead of me - one younger, one older but in good shape. The older one paid, didn't get carded. Guy in his 40s ahead of me, didn't get carded. I smiled at the guy behind the counter, asked about the Absinthe bottle they had (I hadn't realized it was legal), handed him my credit card. I saw him take a look at my face, and then he said, "I'm going to need to see your ID as well." :bigsmile:

I felt like a million bucks! :laugh: A couple of people at work have commented that I look like a teenager now that I've lost a lot of weight. And I remember not getting carded on plenty of occasions when I was still in my mid-twenties... :cry: So, it's silly, but it definitely cheered me up! :tongue:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    How fun it is to get carded! Good for you!

I haven't been on the boards much this week... School started this week and I have been insanely busy. I didn't exercise for three days in a row! GASP! And I'm feeling very guilty about it. I did manage to stay within my calories and I've been drinking more water than I normally drink (all that talking makes me thirsty). The opening of school is always really tough on me... adjusting to my school year schedule and routines, and then being dead tired when I get home. It always takes me a couple of weeks to adjust.

My goals today...
    ~Shred dvd
    ~Walk tonight
    ~Water, water, water
    ~Remain within calories
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    What a great day! Everyone is so positive today. Good stuff!

MM -- good luck on the counseling session. I hope it goes well and I'm glad that you are making the investment in the relationship...or at least deciding if you want to make the investment.

Vivia -- I'm so thrilled to see how into Bikram you've become. I remember your first session. Reading your posts is almost making me want to give it another try, but they already have great yoga (power, Iyengar, tuneup, yoga blend) classes at my gym so I'd have to pay extra to go somewhere else for it. Have you noticed any differences in your body since doing it?

CP -- I loooooove getting carded! And I'm secretly dying to get drunk on Absinthe and cause some mayhem in this town.

Natalie -- happy back to school!

I'm having a great day today:
    ~ Biked to gym, then did an hour nonstop of legs. It was so hot in the gym my HR was up almost the whole time, so I skipped the cardio.*
    ~ Drank my antioxidant water
    ~ Logging my calories
    ~ Going to do 20 mins of abs tonight before bed

*AND I saw this girl doing a different version on the hip adducter machine (the one for your inner thighs), asked her about it, she showed me and HOLY SMOKES I've never felt so many butt/ leg muscles working at one time! I can't wait to try it again in the beginning of a workout when I'm not so tired!