Sweet Tooth: HELP!

Options

Replies

• marniehodges
    Options
    Try skinnytaste.com...Awesome website and there's an entire dessert section. Every recipe has pics and nutritional breakdown. :drinker:
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I love either jello with fruit. You can also add Light Cool Whip on top. I also eat Skinny Cow Ice cream sandwiches. They are 150 calories and have 2 grams of fiber in them!!! They are delicious!!!! I will also eat Kellogs Fiber Plus bars they have different choices to choose from. For example Chocolate chip or Dark Chocolate Almond. Angel cake with fresh strawberries or fruit with Cool whip is also a good choice!!! I hope this helps!!! :smile:
  • tammybee5
    Options
    Have a cup of red rose tea, or.... a small cube of cheddar cheese, or a piece of fruit... I can't treat myself with a sweet or I'll binge and eat the WHOLE thing... so I use these other rewards and each are well under 100 calories for a night reward if I choose to do it.
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I just found out about this last week, and couldn't believe. Pillsburry cinnamon rolls with icing the reduced Fat is AMAZING!!!! For 130 calories, and trust me you feel like you are cheating!!
  • glittersoul
    Options
    Cut up an apple or 2, add cinnamon and microwave for 5 min
  • brblake
    brblake Posts: 11
    Options
    I ike the sugar free Jello cups and the SKinny Cow ice cream treats! I'm the same way...major sweet tooth.
  • deeanne22
    Options
    Sugar free jelly is nice for having a sweet treat which is very low in calories
  • cheechersmom
    Options
    FAT FREE BROWNIES!!!

Very Easy! If you like dark chocolate and chewy fat free goodness you have to try these! this is something I make often they are only 96 cals and 0.7g fat per serving (1/12th of an 8X8 pan) so it's a pretty good serving!!!

In small bowl whisk together 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce and 3 egg whites - I use the ones in the carton. and 1 tsp vanilla
    Wisk until bubbly/fluffy

In second bowl mix together 1 C cocoa, 1 C sugar, 1 tsp salt 1 tsp of instant coffee (optional) and scant 1/2 C flour.

Add wet ingredients to dry...

line an 8X8 glass dish with parchment paper or lightly grease with pam

bake at 350 for 18 - 20 mins or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Eat warm or heat up in microwave to make them nice and soft. I usually eat them with a quarter cup of vanilla frozen yogourt. which is about another 50 calories....

Can't go wrong for 150 calories including "ice cream" :oD
  • marianmaj
    marianmaj Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You need to BREAK the sugar addition! You crave starchy sugars and that can be fixed.Try a baked apple w/ cinnamon; plain Greek yogurt w/ baby food fruit jar added; use Stevia to regulate blood sugar levels in tasty herbal green teas; eat pinepple; eat low glycemic index fruits like strawberries
  • marianmaj
    marianmaj Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You need to BREAK the sugar addition! You crave starchy sugars and that can be fixed.Try a baked apple w/ cinnamon; plain Greek yogurt w/ jar of baby food fruit added; use Stevia to regulate blood sugar levels in tasty herbal green teas; eat pinepple; eat low glycemic index fruits like strawberries
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I need to try some of these. I often have calories left over, and want something sweet but instead grab an apple or banana because I dont know what to eat. I have some pretty good recipes too...when I have a chance, I will find them and post!
  • steveohypertension
    steveohypertension Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I get my chocolate fix this way ... Joseph's Sugar-Free Bite Size Brownies, serving size 28g (approx 8 brownies) ... they are small, size is larger than a quarter and about eight quarters high ... 95 calories per serving, Sat Fat is 0, Sodium is 39mg ... good enought taste for me ... oh, and they are listed in the food database
  • stargzrlily
    stargzrlily Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i was suprised to discover that lack of protein in your diet can cause sugar cravings. it makes sense because protein gives us energy. if you don't incorporate enough into your meals you will fill fatigued and sluggish, which causes you to crave sugar.
    that explained alot in my situation! i have a HUGE sweet tooth. I've been a member of MFP for a week now and completely changed my diet. I have alot more energy and have had little hankering for sweets!.
    If I do get a urge for one , I'll have half of a frozen banana with a drizzle of melted dark chocolate! it's amazing!
  • stargzrlily
    stargzrlily Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    can you taste the pumpkin or is it just for moisture? i love pumpkin but not sure about having it with chocolate.

I just made these today...They are out of the Hungry Girl Cookbook!! Only 65 calories each!

Ingredients:
    1 (18.3ounce) box Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies Traditional Chewy Brownie Mix
    2 cups canned pure pumpkin
    2 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter, at room temp

Preheat oven to bake 350.

Combine Pumpkin with brownie mix in a large bowl and stir until smooth ( batter will be very thick, but don't add anything else)

Spray a square 9X9 baking pan with nonstick spray and poour in the mixture. Spoon peanut butter on top and use a knife to swirl around on top of the batter. Bake for 35 minutes. ( The batter will remain very thick and fudgy, and it should look undercooked. Allow to cool.

Cover pan with foil and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Cut into 36 squares.

Serving Size : 1 piece: 65 calories; 1g fat; 57mg sodium; 14g carbs; 1g fiber; 9g sugars; 1g protein
  • bbsimmons6
    bbsimmons6 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have to admit I haven't made these brownies before, or ever tried anything like this, but, I am going to give it a try one day when noone's home to see how they're made. Saw it on Dr. Oz.
    http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/rocco-dispiritos-fudgy-fruit-nut-bars I am seriously hoping to try it this coming week. :)
  • bluemartini6
    Options
    Bump I have been wanting brownies but couldn't imagine eating one little square for 200 cal. Curious to try posted recipes.
  • naturalbeautybell
    Options
    Hi
    I hope you like rice cakes . Pretty good plus try nutri grain bran bars , special k ceral products bars . This will take care of your sweet tooth..Don't forget to keep on hand chocolate jello pudding as well ( the kind that is already made) in packs .
    This way you can have you're cake and eat it too plus lose a whole lot of weight !
    Good Luck , Enjoy !:happy:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    can you taste the pumpkin or is it just for moisture? i love pumpkin but not sure about having it with chocolate.

it's just for moisture. You do not taste it in there at all. You can also mix a box of cake mix with 1 can of diet soda for reduced calorie cake (or cupcakes). No other ingredients, just pick a box of mix and a flavor of diet soda that seem to go together, mix and bake. Ta-da!
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    2 double stuffed oreos are 140 cals

I love the weight watcher treats all under 100 cals

and thank you to the poster for the brownie recipe because brownies are my freakin' weakness ..... UHMMMMM I can taste them now!
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    One thing I've discovered that helps tame my sweet tooth is tea. Yummy, yummy tea in a berry or dessert flavour. For instance, we've got a pack of Creme Brulee (sp?) from David's Tea that we're saving for one of those nights when we've just gotta have something sweet. It doesn't take much sugar and tea is practically nothing. Plus, it counts towards your water intake! (unless you use black tea or a mate and brew it crazy strong).
    this is what i do almost every night! i have a cup of lipton caramel truffle tea and its amazing!!!