Logging Calories but hang on...

Options
My BMR is 1500.
That's about 62 an hour.
So if I wear my HRM and burn 500 in an hour's session I actually only burn an extra 438.
Should we be knocking the normal hourly burn off the amount we log?
The maths of everything is starting to make my head spin but it's just a thought.

Sorry if this has been posted about before.

Replies

• Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Some people do, some don't. If you are someone that eats every single one of your exercise calories, it is probably a good idea. But if you only eat a portion of them, then it doesn't make a huge difference.
  • butterflyfaerie
    butterflyfaerie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    The normal hourly burn is already taken into consideration, I think. Just record what your HRM says
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    The normal hourly burn is already taken into consideration, I think. Just record what your HRM says

Not with my Polar F4.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    My BMR is 1500.
    That's about 62 an hour.
    So if I wear my HRM and burn 500 in an hour's session I actually only burn an extra 438.
    Should we be knocking the normal hourly burn off the amount we log?
    The maths of everything is starting to make my head spin but it's just a thought.

Sorry if this has been posted about before.

You may have answered your question with your last sentence (actually second last). It's really your decision how detailed you want to be. IMO, in the grand scheme of things, 62 calories is not worth bothering about. Everything we do is an approximation.
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Thanks all.
    I use a Polar FT4.
    I might start dropping a few off the final total if I stop seeing results of any kind.

Cheers.
    Amanda