feel fit?

Options
This question is about when you first thought to yourself "I am sick of my looks lifestyle and feeling like s*%t" . Did you join a gym , maybe you walked everyday di a few home excersises or just became more active for the whole week. What I want to know is how you felt after the first week of the new lifestyle, because I am feeling Fantastic!! Just after a week I can walk up the stairs without losing breath, I DONT SLOUCH AS MUCH (maybe my posture has changed). Have any of you had this experience and felt the same as I do, and can your body really start to get fit as fast as I am thinking it is or is this just a placaebo or should I use this as my body sending me constructive messages?

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm sure it's different for everybody, but for me the changes came almost immediately. You are starting a positive feedback cycle. The better you feel, the more you'll want to continue. The more you continue, the better you'll feel.
  • klthomas59
    klthomas59 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I agree- I felt better by the end of week one. I also feel great after finishing exercising every time
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    taso said it all for me, totaly agree mate :) keep it up
  • MrsFoster18
    MrsFoster18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I think you really do start to feel fit when you work out. I know for me personally I feel better at work most days. I don't feel as tired. I am a preschool teacher and it doesn't hurt so much sitting on the floor with the children during the day or when I have to bend down and tire their shoes.
  • zbstngrl
    zbstngrl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    When I began Couch25K running program I would get really tired after each run but now I feel like it gives me energy for the whole day! I am addicted to running...never thought I am going to love it but I do now :) (coming from a person who couldn't run with ease just 1.5 min without getting out of breath and now I can run 25min non stop) So yes I definitely can tell the difference that I am much fitter than before.
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    Yes i feel much better more confident and I have more energy to play with my girls. Not to mention my "drive" has gone up. Although i still have a log way to go I can see the inches coming off and that i'm in a better mood and have more energy is all i need this has been great.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I feel alot better.I can sleep at night without waking up every hour.I have more energy in the day.Its great:bigsmile:
  • Boredboytn
    Options
    I'm still not to the point of RUSHING to the gym, sometimes I have to make myself go, but I can say.. after I work out, spend about 20 minutes in a sauna, shower and walk out of the gym.. I honestly feel like I'm 20 years younger.

I have found that walking up the stairs is not nearly as hard. I also work faster, and feel better overall.. I'm not bragging but I also notice people noticing me more. I think this is more to do with the way I carry myself, this happens almost every time I leave the gym.

I'm very glad I joined a gym, I'm just mad at myself for skipping a few months back in the summer.
  • jules_lives_outloud
    Options
    I definitely agree. This is the second time I joined a program, but the difference with this one is the positive feedback from working in groups and working with a trainer. I may not pay for individual personal training but going with a group is a lot cheaper and equally as effective. I still have days where I try to talk myself out of going, but it never fails, after about 30 minutes of getting my butt handed to me by an in tense trainer, I am grateful that I sucked it up and went. I have not started losing major weight yet, but my looks and body is changing everyday!
  • RebeccaM2386
    Options
    I agree:happy:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I feel awesome, myself. I find myself dancing in the kitchen for no reason, and overall having more energy and motivation to get off my duff and do something. :) It's good! I don't want to go back to being lazy.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I feel good about myself for doing well, and sticking to my new food plan and exercise, but I don't feel a huge difference physically. I wasn't that overweight, and didn't feel bad physically before, so there really isn't a big difference in how my body feels. I definitely notice a difference in being able to exercise without being tuckered out so fast, but as far as generally how I feel every day, there hasn't really been much of a change.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    It is the end of week three for me. So far, I really don't feel any different.......except that now I am hungry. Before, I never let myself get hungry. I just ate whatever / whenever I wanted.