Don't fear maintenance mode! pics included

Options
sprinkies
sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/144790-lost-34-4-pounds-underwear-pics-sorry-165-5-to-131-2

ok so that's the link to my previous post. i've now been eating in maintenance mode for about 1 month and actually eating 1860 cals + exercise calories when i feel like it. i have not gained a single pound, in fact, i've lost about 1.5 since then without even trying. i haven't been doing anything different with exercise except i've switched to running since i want to run a half marathon as my new non-weight loss goal so i run about 45 mins 4x weekly (and it's going to increase from that). as you can see, even on 1860 calories my body is LEANER so don't fear eating those calories!!!! i was PETRIFIED to eat 1860 up from 1200 but now i'm happy cause i get to eat more. i also do NOT eat a clean diet (it's healthy yes, but clean is a whole other story). i usually eat lots of fruits and veggies but i also eat some form of junk food (about 150 calories) each and every day. my splurge this week was tiramisu mmmm :)

2rxuu8k.jpg

25u33hi.jpg

i hope you guys feel better about being able to be OK in maintenance mode because you really shouldn't be scared. you just follow MFP advise and continue to log and you'll be fine :)

Replies

• gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post! You look great!!!!!

Although I'm still a couple of months away from my goal, you're right--I had let my mind wander ahead and was wondering if I'd be able to keep the weight off once I lost it.

Congrats on the weight loss and on the running! Again, you look fabulous!
  • gdotman
    gdotman Posts: 64
    Options
    Thanks for the post. I was actually just thinking about that same question. But it seems like it's working keep up the good and hard work. Drink plenty of water for your marathon.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Yay! I love this I wish the pictures would show up on my computer! I am so happy for you!! :) Good job girl!
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    WOW what a great job u r doing!! U look awesome too!! :flowerforyou:
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Seriously. Great job! And thanks for the maintenance info, I'm a ways off, but it's always there in the back of your mind. :smile:

PS I hope you don't mind my saying so, but has anyone ever told you you look like Olivia Wilde?
  • Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Options
    Now i want to eat my maintenance cals...
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    wow, you look amazing! Great work!
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Seriously. Great job! And thanks for the maintenance info, I'm a ways off, but it's always there in the back of your mind. :smile:

PS I hope you don't mind my saying so, but has anyone ever told you you look like Olivia Wilde?

nope no one has ever told me i look like her but i'll def take that as a compliment cause i think she's hot :) i've been told i look like molly ringwald though before! ugh! lol
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to reach maintenance level! You look incredible, thank you for boosting my motivation for today
  • dawnkitchen
    Options
    You look fantastic! Thanks for sharing about maintenance! I know when I get there, I would have been super nervous and you've taken a some of that away. :]
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I've been in maintenance mode for 4 years.

I surpassed my goal by 12 pounds. I gained back 23 pounds. I re-lost 16 pounds. I gained back 10 pounds.

Now I am working on losing them again!!

I've found that my eating habits are pretty regular, my calorie intake is about 17-1800 to hang in around the 150 pound mark - up or down a few pounds.

It's the exercise that changes things for me. When I get lazy, I gain (because I still eat the same!) When I work out again - it falls right off.

If only I could figure out how to maintain my motivation to move year round!! I seem to just "lose it" during the cold months and holidays, and it magically re-appears in the spring.

I keep telling myself I'm okay - so long as I don't give up forever.... I need to be able to live with myself as I am, not beating myself up and feeling guilty or feeling overly confident either - one day, one week, one month, one season at a time. So long as I'm happy with life in general and healthy, my weight is really just a number.

:smile:

(and you look great, btw) :wink:
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You look great! thank you so much for sharing your continued success!
  • willow_watson
    Options
    I've been in maintenance mode for 4 years.

I surpassed my goal by 12 pounds. I gained back 23 pounds. I re-lost 16 pounds. I gained back 10 pounds.

Now I am working on losing them again!!

I've found that my eating habits are pretty regular, my calorie intake is about 17-1800 to hang in around the 150 pound mark - up or down a few pounds.

It's the exercise that changes things for me. When I get lazy, I gain (because I still eat the same!) When I work out again - it falls right off.

I love that you wrote this! I'm SURE if I stopped working out I would pile on a few pounds, hence the half marathon training!! I can't have weight loss goals, I need fitness goals to keep the weight off. Thanks for the reply :)
    If only I could figure out how to maintain my motivation to move year round!! I seem to just "lose it" during the cold months and holidays, and it magically re-appears in the spring.

I keep telling myself I'm okay - so long as I don't give up forever.... I need to be able to live with myself as I am, not beating myself up and feeling guilty or feeling overly confident either - one day, one week, one month, one season at a time. So long as I'm happy with life in general and healthy, my weight is really just a number.

:smile:

(and you look great, btw) :wink:
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!

I do fear the maintenance. I hope I have as easy time with it as you are having!!

Congrats on the loss!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!