Weight Watchers?

Options
A friend of mine at work got started with the weight watchers program. He was briefly explaining the "points system" today while showing me his points "CALCULATOR" (literally a calculator for points computation). I will have to say the strategy was a bit intriguing, after a bit of poking around on the net I was able to obtain the mathematical formula used by weight watchers.

(Before someone gives me greif about piracy, mathematical formulas are not subject to copyright according to Gottschalk v.Benson.)

Using a calculator devised in an excel sheet thats based on the weight watchers formula, it appears that I am under eating? I have not had any result issues with the way I have been eating. I was just thinking if there a smarter way to be doing things why not. FYI: ( my excel was verified with the store bought unit several times.)

I guess I am just wondering, whats the general consciences with weight watchers?

Replies

• Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I too have the WW calculator....it is the BOMB...or it was rather until I plateau'd after dropping 35 lbs and 3 dress sizes! I gained it all back, but that was my fault for not trying new things. WW works for the people who try.
  • soccermom03
    Options
    The reason I love this website so much is the similarity with weight watcher! When I log my food intake and see the calories used, it is very motivating to me. Best of all this site is free, unlike weight watchers.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    i did Weight Watchers a few times, but i really disliked the "points." I didn't really get the math. For example, a single pack of 100 calorie Hostess cupcakes equals one point, but if you eat two of packs at once you're at 3 points. How's that? Anyway, WW is just like any other reduced calorie diet. It works if you stick to it.
  • jtaliaferro
    Options
    i did Weight Watchers a few times, but i really disliked the "points." I didn't really get the math. For example, a single pack of 100 calorie Hostess cupcakes equals one point, but if you eat two of packs at once you're at 3 points. How's that? Anyway, WW is just like any other reduced calorie diet. It works if you stick to it.

The formula rounds to the nearest hole number, should be the cause of your points discrepancy.
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My friend tricked me into going to a healthy living seminar, which ended up being just a weight watchers meeting :huh: . It was pretty good, whoever stuck to the plan and came for the weigh ins lost weight. I did it in addition to eating every 3-4 hours.