Headache

Options
Woke up with really bad headache feeling sluggish and irritable that over an hour dog walking hasn't improved. Maybe body is detoxing? Any suggestions?

Replies

• sabrads
    sabrads Posts: 152
    Options
    Hi,

Your body can detox or adjust itself when you change your diet, do you want to share your food diary so we can have a look and see if we can offer any advice, sometimes people cut back too much on one thing too quickly.

Are you following any diet in particular ? Some people find that the first week of a particular diet can give them headaches.

Are you drinking enough water ? 8 glasses a day ish ?

Steve
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    By any chance have you cut out caffeine? A lot of people cut it out too quick and it causes headaches. Are you starving your self? If your now having too little calories you could be having hunger headaches.
  • BeccyBerry
    Options
    I got really bad headaches when I first started from cutting out caffiene, they only lasted a few days xx
  • DarcysLosingIt
    DarcysLosingIt Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water. I have found I usually start getting a headache when i have not had enough. I start drinking lots of water and is does go away. If you have recently cut caffeine out, then it could be from that also.
  • 135sb
    135sb Posts: 24
    Options
    Migraine maybe? excedrine with caffeine works fast and you only need one pill.. no jitters.. blood flowing to quickly through the vessels can cause terrific pain. the caffeine will constrict the vessels a tiny bit and the flow will slow..emergency room suggested this and it works within 20 mins or so. feel better.
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    Woke up with really bad headache feeling sluggish and irritable that over an hour dog walking hasn't improved. Maybe body is detoxing? Any suggestions?

I get headaches when I eliminate caffeine, don't get enough water, or my carb counts are too low (blood sugar thing). Kudos for walking the dog - it is so easy to skip exercise when you aren't feeling great. Take care of yourself!
  • jaynetibbs
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Have been cutting down on coffee and had no wine for 3 days so that's probably why. Following Slimming World diet so eating plenty.
  • jaynetibbs
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Have been cutting down on coffee and had no wine for 3 days so that's probably why. Following Slimming World diet so eating plenty.