Zig Zagging Calories

Options
Does anyone have any luck with that?

I'm trying to change up what I'm doing because I think my body is getting used to it.

What I was thinking is taking like 400-500 from say Mon, Wed, Fri and eating them Tues, Thurs, Sat, and then normal day on Sunday??

Replies

• anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It might work. I know with people that do weight watchers they get a standard number throughout the week and have bonus that you can use at anytime..
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I do know that I've had "oops" days that resulted in a jump in weight loss the next day -- but it doesn't happen every time I goof, so I don't know how to plan for it! Let us know if you try it and it works. =)
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It works great for me!! I lose about 2 - 3.5 lbs a week depending on my "cheat day". lol. Keeps my body guessing. There is a book on amazon.com that explains why this works. Its called The Spike Diet. Love it. :) They have a facebook page too. :)
  • roxie0920
    Options
    I just read about that yesterday! I found a site that calcutaled it for me, but when I added them all up it only gave me 1180 average per day. Of course, I'm extremely inactive so it probably took that into consideration. The infomation I read was really interesting and I think it could work. I'm going to try it for this month and see how it works.
  • Valorin
    Valorin Posts: 21
    Options
    If I'm not mistaking isn't that what is called Calorie Shifting? There are whole diets just based on that technique alone.
  • maisonneuvre
    Options
    have you seen the new 17 day diet hot on TV with doctor Phil and doctor oz ...they have a cast of people on it...you have to order it on line....its a 17day rotation to confuse your metabolism so it doesn't stop losing weight..just read the book am going to start it tomorrow....its just healthy eating approach with science behind why we need to trick our metabolism to keep burning fat...and not storing it....worth a try...guarantees a 10 plus lb weight loss the first 17 day rotation.....
  • ashleyplus3
    ashleyplus3 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it works, but I sure as he%# hope it does seeing as how I went about 900 calories over my goal yesterday!! :sad: My weigh in day is Tuesday and I'm too afraid to get on the scale before then. We shall see!!
  • jhann16
    jhann16 Posts: 62
    Options
    I use this method along with a healthy whole foods diet. Once a week I have a "high calorie" day where I eat to my base metabolic rate. My BMR is approximately 1871 calories (for just stilling around all day). I still exercise, but don't add my exercise calories in. On the other days I stay around 1200 calories. Sometimes I'm around 800-900 a day, but usually I'm pretty close to 1200. I've lost 13.5 pounds in 3 weeks. This week I had an "oops" day where I miscalculated my calorie total so we'll see how that factors in during my weigh in on wednesday.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Okay yeah I think I might try it this month and see how it works. I'll let you all know. :smile: Thanks!