How did you lose weight????

Options
I am just curious to hear everyone's stories of how they lost weight. It motivates me to hear these stories. What was your diet and work out regimen and did you start out 1200 calories or was it more?

Replies

• LoserCruiser
    Options
    I am doing 1200 calories a day and trying to be more active!!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I took the first two weeks of my journey to ONLY concentrate on my food intake. I tracked all my calories and stuck to my 1200 calories a day. After that I decided to incorporate a little bit of exercise here and there. I would go on the treadmill, but would only last about 5-10 minutes before getting bored & jumping off. I started to do wii fit after that, but that also got boring quickly. I moved on to the BL for wii & then bought hip hop abs. I continued to do workout DVD's and have stuck with that plan exercise wise. It's what works for me. Diet wise, I net 1200 calories a day ( eat around 1500 and burn 300 or so a day at this point in time) and it works for me. I still eat foods that I want, i just incorporate it into my diet and fit it into my calorie & fat content. I've lost 36lbs and am working on my final 10 pounds.
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    Been on here for 1week and I already lost 3lbs! :) I just now control my portion size, and make sure I continue to track everything that goes in my mouth. I was started at 1380 calories.
  • GabrielMaestas
    GabrielMaestas Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Nutrition programing and boxing / fight training :o)
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I answer all Q's via message. So feel free to message me =)
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    you can read my full story on my wordpress blog. check out my profile for the link... i have lost over 100 lbs and am working to keep it of and perfect my "flab" :).
  • paxtonphat
    Options
    I first started by cutting out all soda and then I lowered my calorie intake to 1500. I am coupling that with exercise on Wii Fit Plus. I am very obese so I try to get in two 15 minute workouts a day with a calorie burn of no less than 400.
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Ive been here for 2 weeks and have lost 11lbs ... I am tracking ever single item that goes in my mouth including gum and vitamins, I power-walk 2 or 3 miles a day with 3 lb weights in each hand, and I play atleast 15/20 minutes on my Kinect 4 or 5 times a week .....

I finally am in a place where I am able to choose my own plan with guidance, surrounded by individuals who truly care and support and am completely ready to tackle this journey!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i am losing by tracking calories and doing p90x. i get 2120 cals i eat what i want but knowing my limits causes me to choose wisely
  • ahayter82
    Options
    I am on a 1200 calorie intake a day but I would say 98% of that time I dont hit it. I also workout with my Wii 7 days a week. I use the Gold's Gym Dance workout. I will sometimes throw in the Just Dance Sweat workout or the Gold's Gym Cardio workout. From just doing that I've lost almost 20 since starting on the 4th! I am planing to start the P90X with my husband soon.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I don't eat too much and I don't eat too little. It's taken me a while to figure out how to manage the calories, esp. since I feel that this site over-estimates my calorie burns during exercise. I try to leave around a 200 cal deficit each day (on top of the pre-programmed deficit that MFP figures into my calories for me already). This is to ensure I have enough of a deficit to lose weight in case MFP over-estimates my workout(s). 1200 cal is too few calories for me; I eat anywhere from 1600 - 1800 cals/day or more, but that is after my exercise is figured in.