Starting- from the south

Options
Hi. I am a wife for 26 years, nother of 5, have a full time job during the day, then come home everyday and start my housewife job.
I am from the south where they like to Fry EVERYTHING!!! So, being overweight can happen pretty easily if you don't watch out. My job is pretty sedentary. I sit at a desk all day long and wait on customers to come in. That does not help my weight. I am going to try to get more active, keep my food journal, Loose some weight, and hopefully feel better. Wish me luck as i wish all of you luck in our journey.

Replies

• JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • dianeg29072
    Options
    I am from the south as well and know exactly what you mean. I too have been married for 26 years but only have 1 child who is in college. I need to lose about 80 pounds. How about you?
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Gotta love the South!! Where would we be without Fried Chicken, biscuits and gravy, and fried taters and okra?! Many pounds lighter I'm sure! lol

Glad to have you here. The key is portion control and exercise. You can do it!
  • geder62
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, you're now on the right track. By changing your eating habits you will have already taken a huge step toward your goal. Keep up with the food tracker, it actually keeps me accountable to myself, no way am I gonna bust my calorie intake limit! In no time you are going to find new found energy just by the cleaner fuel your putting into your body. Good luck and please utilize all the tools here to let us help you while your helping us.
  • spunky_spit_fire
    spunky_spit_fire Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Welcome from another Southerner! :) You can do this!
  • shaheerahs
    shaheerahs Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    :smile: Welcome. I am born and raised in the South myself. Not only do we fry everything, but we dump a bag of sugar in our tea afterward. I feel a whole lot better now that I'm not eating that stuff.

Best of Luck to you!
  • Hijinxed_Heather
    Hijinxed_Heather Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello from another fellow southerner! Welcome to MFP! =)
  • Nucleartiger
    Nucleartiger Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome from a fellow southerner and best of luck,
  • lpncortez
    Options
    oh yeah- the tea! forgot about that one. That probably has more calories that a twinkie. LOL