hodgson mills pancake mix - calories?

Options
serving size is 1/3 cup dry mix = 130 cal. I can not figure out how many calories 2 medium size pancakes would be. I use 2% milk for the batter and medium size eggs and olive oil. Does anyone have any estimates for me? Even a guess is better than leaving it blank. Thanks.

Replies

• Tarapip
    Tarapip Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    serving size is 1/3 cup dry mix = 130 cal. I can not figure out how many calories 2 medium size pancakes would be. I use 2% milk for the batter and medium size eggs and olive oil. Does anyone have any estimates for me? Even a guess is better than leaving it blank. Thanks.
  • Tarapip
    Options
    I am bumping my own topic. Anyone have any idea? This is something I eat regularly and I don't know how to figure it out. Thanks.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    How many pancakes did you get for the 1/3 of a cup?

Without that info it's hard to help.

Add up all the ingredients in the recipe, and then divide by the number of servings.

If you google "recipe calculator" there are websites to help you do this, if you don't want to do the math by hand.:flowerforyou:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    How much dry mix do you use? How much milk do you use? How many eggs and how much oil?
    Do you make up several pancakes at a time? My bet is that the 1/3 cup dry mix when mixed with the other ingredients makes the 2 medium pancakes which is 1 serving.
    If that is the case then the amount of milk, number of eggs and the amount of oil to mix with that dry mix is listed on the pancake mix box. The calories in the milk you will find on the milk carton. The calories in the oil are listed on the oil bottle. Eggs I always count as 81 calories each….some people may count them higher or lower.
  • Tarapip
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I made a lot of pancakes at once. I used 3 cups of pancake mix, 3 cups of milk, 2 eggs, 4 tbs olive oil. It made 20 something pancakes. I also used 2 cups of Dole wild blueberries. I tried the recipe calculator but I couldn't find this pancake mix in there.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Well, you'll have to do some math. Find out how many total calories are in the whole batch by adding the mix, eggs, oil, etc. Divide that by 20 to see how much is in each pancake. Then you can multiply that values by 3 to find the nutritional information for 3 pancakes.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    You will need to look at your packages to find out how many calories there are per serving in each item and multiply it by the number of servings you are using from each of the items. Add it all up…that will give the total of calories in all of the pancakes. Make your pancakes then count them. Divide the total calories by the number of pancakes you have. That will tell you how many calories are in each pancake.
  • Tarapip
    Options
    Thank you all soooo much! I understand now. I am figuring my last batch to be approx. 105 cal per pancake.