Kinect, wii or ps3

Options
I can't decide which of these would be better to use for extra working out, I have the newest xbox360 just hadn't bought the kinect. With all the new interactive exercise stuff out there I'm not sure which would be best for work outs and family time can anyone share if they have these and how its working for them. Thank you so very much.

Replies

• Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    If I had to guess, I'd probably say Kinect. Though I never played any wii or PS3 fitness games. But Kinect does full body motion tracking. So your not just limited to hands and arms movement.
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    my personal favorite is Wii w/ Michael Jackson the Experience. Excellent, excellent workout. I have the kinect as well and an exercise game but it's hard to follow. I have Zumba for the Wii as well which is fun and a good workout but not as fun as MJ =]
  • jflose
    jflose Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have had the wii and i now have the kinect. Kinect is soo much better, I actually feel like i am getting a workout. The "our shape" game is awesome.
  • blakecody
    blakecody Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love the Wii. It seems to have a bigger variety of games. From exersice, to dance, to just plain family games. I exercise with mine at least 4 times a week with the biggest loser, golds gym dance, and Wii Fit. When I'm not working out my family and friends love to play games on it like bowling, tennis, family fued, and much more. There is an enless variety of games. Hope this helps!
  • pineappleroo
    pineappleroo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have a wii and LOVE wii active 2 It is hard strength training using your own body weight. My other favorite is wii zumba. That one is fun and lots of cardio. Both leave me dripping with sweat when i'm done.
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    kinect.....at Christmas my whole family played with it!! I was sweating! you use your whole body so its really cool.....my mom and sister were noticing that they were actually getting a good workout from it and my teenage sister actually lost a little bit of weight having fun with it.
  • Green_Eyed_Girl88
    Green_Eyed_Girl88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    We have both the Kinect and the Wii and I can honestly say that since the Kinect, the Wii have hardly been touched by anyone in the family. You wouldn't think that there is a HUGE different in being free of this little Wii remote..BUT there is! I have Biggest Loser for Kinect and I could Not imagine having to hold a remote while doing the exercises. PLUS the Kinect picks up movements of your entire body whereas the Will only pics up movements for the remote! I have an 8 and 4 yr old and they both LOVE the Kinect as well.. especially the Adventures game. They picked up each game we have very quickly! The entire family can play And You dont have to worry about the remote being thrown at the TV :-/ The only thing we had to get used to was the movement of the "controls" It is definitely a little different when Your the controller :)The investment we put into the new Xbox Kinect has been more than worth it and I highly recommend it :)
  • Green_Eyed_Girl88
    Green_Eyed_Girl88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    my personal favorite is Wii w/ Michael Jackson the Experience. Excellent, excellent workout. I have the kinect as well and an exercise game but it's hard to follow. I have Zumba for the Wii as well which is fun and a good workout but not as fun as MJ =]

FYI...MJ for the Kinect comes out April 12. I've played MJ for Wii and I hear the Kinect version will blow Wii out of the water...so Excited!! And I believe Kinect already has Zumba
  • jennygr4
    Options
    I love my Kinect. Dance Central is my favorite and I've been trying Zumba as well. I saw under Exercise there are Wii activities and it made me wonder if they will add Kinect to the list soon?
  • mjbehrendt
    mjbehrendt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    We bought the Kinect this Christmas along with Your Shape: Fitness Evolved. We have worked out on it nearly everyday this New Year, and I have to say it is giving me a really good workout each time. It allows you to set up a profile with your age and weight, has a calorie counter based on that information, and there are a ton of different workouts depending on what your "target area" is. We also downloaded a new cardio boxing workout that burns about 150 calories in 14 minutes. The "trainer" gives you feedback based on your movements to make sure you are doing the correct angles, etc. It doesn't pick up all of the exercises well,but it does well for 95% of them. Im very impressed.

Oh, and Kinect sports is fun and gets your heart rate up (especially track and field)!!