How often do you weigh in?

Options
I'm sure this has been asked before, but how often do you weigh in? Daily? Weekly? Just curious!

Replies

• xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    People say not to but I weigh myself daily. I helps me to keep on track and seeing those .2 pounds lost helps!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Weekly.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    once a week! If you are eating properly and exercising there should be nothing to worry about in between.
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    I weigh in daily. It was habit when I went to the gym all the time. Now I'm not going to the gym but I am getting up and working out at home. So I have been weighing myself in the morning.
  • Christie81
    Christie81 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Weekly :)
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I weigh daily but I'm weird like that. I usually only enter my loss when I lost a whole pound.
  • benitocereno
    benitocereno Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Definitely weekly- I think daily would be discouraging due to water fluctuation, etc.
  • KimKelly65
    Options
    Weekly.

3975190.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LoneStarFan79
    Options
    Every morning. It helps me stay focused. If I gain a pound I work harder at the gym, if I lose a pound it makes me feel like counting the calories and keeping up with MFP worth it.
  • columbiasmiles
    columbiasmiles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I want to do it daily but I have decided that weekly should be fine. It gives me something to look forward too. Tomorrow I weigh in and I am so excised.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    MONTHLY.....I think it has helped to stick to it because I see a great loss every time....now that im closer to my goals I will do it every 2 weeks.
  • Sparren
    Sparren Posts: 106
    Options
    Daily. It helps keep me focussed on what my goals are.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I do weigh daily but I also know my body better now. I know when I had a lot of sodium or didn't drink as much water or if I did a particularly hard workout that the numbers will be up a little. I don't freak if the scale shows I'm up 2 pounds because there's always a reason for it. I know it's not permanent unless I way overate for weeks at a time.
  • rachelc96
    Options
    Every Saturday. Keeps me motivated so that I don't have the urge to indulge on Fridays (:
  • melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Usually every other day. It drives me mad if I do it daily, but I can't seem to stand doing it once a week. My bf had to take the scale out of the bathroom when I was going all 2-5 times a day crazy with weighing, but if I only do it once, I'm not quite as bad off.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    Daily.
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20051118/daily-weigh-in-may-help-dieters-lose
    While most weight loss programs don't encourage the practice, a new study suggests that daily weighing may be better for weight loss and weight control than weekly or less frequent weighing.

People in the study who weighed every day lost more weight or maintained their weight better than people who did not.
  • orting514
    orting514 Posts: 153
    Options
    Its interesting to read others responces, and the reasoning behind it, personally i weigh in weekly, every monday.
  • MonicaBenavidez
    MonicaBenavidez Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Saturday mornings!
  • dtrm88
    dtrm88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Weekly
  • Prizettes
    Options
    Im currently hooked watching the Biggest Loser - so I do my weigh ins at the same time! :)

Watching it gets me motivated and when I hit the scales I'm motivated to carry on regardless of what they say! :)