Please read!

Options
2»

Replies

• believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    If you find yourself getting upset about people re-asking things, perhaps take some time away from the forums until you're able to cool down. The sheer fact that people are HERE and wanting to ask questions in order to better themselves is FABULOUS.

If I wanted to simply read a bunch of already-posted information, I'd buy one of the ten-million weight-loss books out there. But I prefer to chat with actual members, some (ok, many!) of which are likely going through the same struggles as myself. Additionally, not everything people post is going to be already-discussed (for example, some people like to ask about THEIR situation specifically).

Really - people are trying to be healthy, happy, and in shape. How can you deny them that, simply because you're "too tired" of answering questions? If you don't want to answer - don't! But let the rest of us ask as MANY questions as we feel we need to.

Sheesh. :grumble:
  • wonk1968
    Options
    Im fairly new to the site & all i can say to the creator(s) is thank you firstly & foremost.
    It is an amazingly easy site to work with, the only thing i have found slightly hard to get to grips with is the forum, its not a complaint, its just its lay is different to most others have been on.

Perhaps a simple solution to alleviate all the new members questions would be to change the colour of the word "search" to red or some other colour so it stands out, i presume this can be done fairly easily, but im no computer wizard.

Im sure this wouldnt stop all the questions, but it might allow some new members to realise the feature is there

Regards
    Nigel
  • mistawalka
    mistawalka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    What separates a community from being simply a 'wiki' is the ability to ask questions and interact. I'm sure all of the answers provided here could probably be googled somewhere too - but its the human experience that's being shared with the knowledge that is adding some motivation.

Also - repetitive questions are a great way for the new 'success story' members to share and pass on their new found knowledge with those just starting out. Sort of like a never-ending chain - as the 'old guard' tire out and fall away they are replaced by those still with a burning desire to share bought about by there recent triumphs.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I see the OP's point. Sometimes I see the same exact question 3 or more times in the SAME DAY!

Bump!
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I see the OP's point. Sometimes I see the same exact question 3 or more times in the SAME DAY!

But really, what does that matter? You don't have to answer it if you don't feel like it. Just ignore it! :wink:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

But really, what does that matter? You don't have to answer it if you don't feel like it. Just ignore it! :wink:

Except I waste time clicking on threads that LOOK interesting by the title but are just the same old.. it's annoying.
  • karlenasmith
    Options
    What an amazing answer, thank you for your insight. BTW, your customer service skills are awsome!!!!!
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Mike you are awesome. This place is home and I like the fact that we can feel comfortable to post questions, comments and anything else here and know that others are here sharing the same journey.

Yes, sometimes there are repeat questions. So what! I think we all are here for the same reason and if I can help just one person in some small way in this battle then I have been using this site correctly. We are here to help each other. If you find questions/ comment etc too tedious then maybe you should skip the forums for a bit or just check in once a week or so.
  • melissapoulin
    Options
    If you find yourself getting upset about people re-asking things, perhaps take some time away from the forums until you're able to cool down. The sheer fact that people are HERE and wanting to ask questions in order to better themselves is FABULOUS.

If I wanted to simply read a bunch of already-posted information, I'd buy one of the ten-million weight-loss books out there. But I prefer to chat with actual members, some (ok, many!) of which are likely going through the same struggles as myself. Additionally, not everything people post is going to be already-discussed (for example, some people like to ask about THEIR situation specifically).

Really - people are trying to be healthy, happy, and in shape. How can you deny them that, simply because you're "too tired" of answering questions? If you don't want to answer - don't! But let the rest of us ask as MANY questions as we feel we need to.

i couldn't agree more
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

i couldn't agree more

Ditto.

And to those who say it wastes time...c'mon, it takes a couple of seconds to back out of a thread that isn't what you wanted to read. Geez.
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have seen this issue addressed and I myself posted a suggestion, but here it is again.... FAQ tab. Right on the end there. Do you eat your excercise cals? FAQ tab. How can I change my diary settings? FAQ tab. I am only eating 700 cals a day and not losing weight, why? FAQ tab. Really you could put just about anything in there and have a box for adding entries or making suggestions for additional info that would be shown there. Come on everybody....FAQ tab!!!! :tongue: