Newbie & New Runner

Options
Hello! :) I am new here and thought it would be good to make a post! I'm a new runner and already addicted! I'm training for a 10k which I am running in May and a 10 mile run which I am running in August! I'm super excited and am hoping to tay accountible to myself by using this site!

Replies

• RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Get a few races under your belt and you will feel like an old pro!! I have my first 15k coming up in 6 weeks, and my 5th 10 miler in 9. Thinking about adding on a half marathon for later in April or early May...will be my 3rd if I do it.
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Good luck, follow a good program to avoid injury. Nothing is worst then really making some progress then being stuck on the sidelines for a week or more letting stress fractures heal.
  • iamdesiderata
    iamdesiderata Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Good luck with those, they sound like a good challenge, but fun! You'll find lots of people on this site that will help motivate you and support you, MFP is just awesome like that :)

Cheers!
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I'm training for a 10k mud run in May. I'm planning to knock out a couple 5 k's and a 10k or two before then. Feel free to add me....I bet we could both use the motivation! :)