• madmand0802
    madmand0802 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    not ibs no but i have an ibd ... ulcerative colitis
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    ditto on the colitis :(
    I choose not to take my meds and control it through my diet... meds last resort in a bad episode usually brought on by stress or a change in routine/diet (ie. eating foods in another country that i am not used to, or somewhere that is heavy on red meat which i am not.
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    I do, was diagnosed in the summer. I thought it was thyroid but that's what they told me it was. It sucks :ohwell:
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    IBD :)

you will manage :)
  • Serenity79
    Options
    *Raises hand*

I have it as part of my Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. It really sucks as a lot of my trigger foods are the foods that are 'good for you', like veggies, whole wheat foods, some types of fruit. It's made planning my new eating regime a lot more difficult because I can't just 'fill up on veggies' as is the mantra here. But I'm making it work so far.
  • DaniEss
    DaniEss Posts: 27
    Options
    yes yes and yes.

I have had it since i was little. Genetic I think. I havent really pinpointed specific foods besides if I eat too many sweets at one time or too much fruit. Also for some reason EVERY time I eat at Claim Jumper, I have to run to the bathroom as soon as I get home. Its pretty bad.

I know that generally means I havent gotten any nutrients out of the meal ive eaten. Seems like that meal wouldnt even have time to give me calories/energy or anything like that. Does anyone have input on that subject?
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    IBS all my adult life, like 40 years.

It is inconvenient and painful, but you will learn to cope and you will find things that help (or triggers to eliminate)
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's in my family. It makes it really hard to lose weight when you want to "comfort" your stomach due to distress.
  • mrslondon
    mrslondon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yes i have IBA, it alternates all the time, very stressful. Stress makes it worse, as does anxiety, my time of the month too. It sucks bad. This eating healthy is making it a bit better too, greasy foods dont sit well with me, but its taking time to adjust too. hang in there!:happy:
  • DaniEss
    DaniEss Posts: 27
    Options
    Yes i have IBA, it alternates all the time, very stressful. Stress makes it worse, as does anxiety, my time of the month too. It sucks bad. This eating healthy is making it a bit better too, greasy foods dont sit well with me, but its taking time to adjust too. hang in there!:happy:
    thats interesting. i havent heard of anyone else that has IBS issues during her TOM. I usually do too. And now that you mention about stress, I think thats what my problem is right now! I was wondering what my deal is because I havent been eating anything out of the ordinary. Thanks for the tips :o)
  • mrslondon
    mrslondon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    thats interesting. i havent heard of anyone else that has IBS issues during her TOM. I usually do too. And now that you mention about stress, I think thats what my problem is right now! I was wondering what my deal is because I havent been eating anything out of the ordinary. Thanks for the tips :o)

I find that the cramping I get can mess with my IBS. I guess because my lower abdomen contracts with each cramp? I dont know but I do know that it does affect it. Stress is a big trigger factor in most IBS sufferers. Havent quite figured out the trick to lower stress yet, life is stressful! But one day at a time!
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    Stress is the main trigger for IBS sufferers, including myself. Another huge issue I have is with anything very greasey or sugary. Alcoholic malt beverages, such as Mike's Hard Lemonade, gets me for days. Soda as well