January Successes

Options
124»

Replies

• mist26
    mist26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    January was my first month on MFP. I've lost 10.2 pounds as of this morning, so I'm almost a third of the way to my goal weight! Also, I've become much better educated on what I am putting into my body. I had no idea about portion sizing before. I started the month writing down weight and what I ate on a piece of paper, not really counting calories, so when I discovered MFP and input everything, I was shocked at how many calories I was eating everyday. I've adjusted and now I have a hard time even getting up to the required amount. I've stopped eating just because I'm bored, because I know that I will have to log it. Great way to stop spur of the moment snacking.
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both started on January 16, 2011. To date, we both have lost 10 pounds!! We're so motivated & excited to see what February brings!! I LOVE MFP!
  • chilipeppers
    Options
    I have had a really wonderful start to my new year:

1. I joined this website, ready to make a commitment to get back to a weight that I am comfortable at.
    2. Joined a gym close to my house and have been going 4-5 times a week
    3. Lost about 8 pounds.
    4. Began learning to play electric bass and have several music projects in the making.
    5. Lost around 3 inches total on my body.

all in all, I am so excited, and I can't wait to see where this takes me. God it feels good to be happy.
  • Pombear
    Pombear Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    January Achievements for Pombear...

1) Lost 7lbs this month. Need to lose 3lb to reach my month target. Weighing on Monday..watch this space.

2)Increased my training for my summer 5k run. Can run 3 k in 20 minutes.

3) Signed up to Zumba Dance Classes - start next week.

4) Been gymming and swimming 4 times a week through january.

5) Can wear skinny jeans and feel comfortable

looking forward to reaching my 13 stone/182 lbs target as a total lose of 3 stone since July 2010. Only 3lbs off!!!!!!!! eek!
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    21 lost
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    well, I was hoping for at least 2 or 3 lbs because it's been forever since I've lost any due to my lack of effort, but to my surprise I have lost 9 lbs since Jan 3! Not too bad....I'll take it! Getting ready for February now :heart:
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Fantastic...for the first time in my life I maintained through Christmas...THANK YOU MFP!

That's what I'd like to do in 2011! Congratulations!
  • loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Options
    My success this month is that I finally understand portions. I know that may not seem like a big deal to others, but it is to me. I have (3) small children and to understand correct portion sizes means that I have an advantage when it comes to preparing their meals. Not only did I learn something that will benefit me, I learned something that will benefit my children as well :)
  • Annerea
    Annerea Posts: 104
    Options
    Wow, compared to all of your losses mine's tiny, but I'm still proud of myself. My goal was to lose 5 lb in January and as of this morning I've lost 6 in total! So I get a pedicure this weekend!!

Good luck to everyone for Feb!!
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I started on Jan 15th and since then I have lost 9lbs and regularly gone to the gym :)
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    I lost 27 lbs - dropped below 300 lbs.

I have gone from 0 mins a week exercise to 500 mins a week .

But for me the success of the month is gaining all my MFP friends who are helping me through this journey !

What...that's huge...that's like losing a toddler...great work.

MFP and my friends here have been huge in my sticking to it.

That;s like losing a toddler ... this totally cracked me up!! Love it!
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    My successes for this month:

- I lost 2.4 kg (5.3lbs), didn't know it was that much, thought it was less :-)
    - due to a wonderful XMas gift (gym membership for 3 months) I've worked out at least 3 times 60 minutes per week
    - inspired by said gift I've engaged a personal trainer to make sure I'm doing the right workout to look as fit and small as my scale says (still a quite long way though)
    - seen my minigoal of February 28th (couldn't keep it though)
    - booked a beach holiday thus my motivation has increased immensely

My not so successful moments:

- looking for pants and not finding anything which fits ( currently between sizes)
    - after seeing a 2-digit-number (kg) on the scale for one day, gone up again
    - still eat too much at buffet
    - still don't drink enough water on weekends

MM
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have lost 8 lbs this month, wohoo! Even more important, I have been working out most weekdays (4-5 days a week) versus once a week or less of last year. I have made a commitment to myself to make this a life change and make healthier choices for me and my family.
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have lost 17 pounds in January while reaching my first Mini-Goal of 31 pounds lost by Feb 1.
  • kbradley3790
    kbradley3790 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started my new lifestyle this month and have lost 11lbs so far I'm extremely excited to keep losing I will also be joining weight watchers next month and I hope to lose a total of 120lbs that's to go from 275 to 155 and I want to do it in a year!!! I'm currently 264 and will post inches next month! :) congrats to everyone else on their weightloss thus far just remember nothing can taste as good as being thin:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!