helps heal loose skin...

Options
hey everyone i was researching how to heal loose skin, by checking in with people (on youtube, friends...& so on) that have lost over 100lbs & the ones that had nice tight, toned skin were the ones that used MSM soap. i dont know what it is that makes it work, but i know a lot of them thought they were just lucky & it took some work trying to figure out if they had anything in common. i personally will be picking up a bar of the soap it's around 3-5 dollars depending where you go. when i researched the soap it said it's great for skin health. i haven't used it yet so i cant speak from personal experience, but i think it could really be the answer i've seen a lot of people have amazing results with it. it's definitly worth a try, hope everyone finds success!

Replies

• heatypablo
    Options
    Definitely worth checking out!
    Thanks for sharing! :smile:
  • allegoriedesoie
    Options
    Thanks so much for this info! I hate my flabby arms and tummy, so I'll be sure to buy this by the box! LOL

Do you know where I could buy this soap? I've never heard of it before :(
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I used to use the MSM soap. I now just take the supplement and do dry skin brushing everyday before i get in the shower!! I also alternate using the MSM lotion and raw coconut oil as after shower moisturizers. I haven't seen tons of improvement but, I have only lost about 15 pounds so far. But i guess i kind of notice the skin on my tummy and inner thighs being more firm.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Where do you find this soap? I've never heard or seen it anywhere.
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    You can usually find it at your local health food stores. Also try Whole Foods if you only have big box health food stores in your city. If you need to get it online:

http://www.amazon.com/Born-Again-MSM-Herbal-Soap/dp/B000Z8YTMW

Lotions/creams:

http://www.amazon.com/Source-Naturals-Cream-Ounce-Pack/dp/B001GCTVO2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1296421501&sr=8-6

Skin brush:
    http://www.amazon.com/Earth-Therapeutics-Body-Brush-Purest/dp/B000KNHJ5G/ref=sr_1_4?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1296421575&sr=1-4
  • jAdorelife
    Options
    i also do dry brushing, not as often as i'd like, but i love it!! also i googled msm & they have some on amazon, but i'll propably go get mine from whole foods today because i'm too excited to wait for shipping hahaha (: & shannon i also use coconut oil, but not as a moisturizer...if you eat (yes i know it's gross) a small amount everyday like literally a pinch it helps with weight loss. i get a little on a spoon & put a little chocolate syrup on it & it's not too bad. it tastes great, i'm just weird with textures haha.
  • allegoriedesoie
    Options
    i also do dry brushing, not as often as i'd like, but i love it!! also i googled msm & they have some on amazon, but i'll propably go get mine from whole foods today because i'm too excited to wait for shipping hahaha (: & shannon i also use coconut oil, but not as a moisturizer...if you eat (yes i know it's gross) a small amount everyday like literally a pinch it helps with weight loss. i get a little on a spoon & put a little chocolate syrup on it & it's not too bad. it tastes great, i'm just weird with textures haha.

I do that too! But I put mine in a cup of hot water--like if it were tea.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I know that there is someone else out there besides me that is wondering..."What the heck is drybrushing?"
  • jAdorelife
    Options
    ahh i have to try that because i almosy hurl everytime i take it haha
  • jAdorelife
    Options
    its when you take a dry brush & exfoliate without water like before showering because it gets off the dry skin, helps your lymph system & releases toxins....also helps with loose skin, not dramatically i dont think, but by getting of dead cells it promotes health & new growth..
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    i also use coconut oil, but not as a moisturizer...if you eat (yes i know it's gross) a small amount everyday like literally a pinch it helps with weight loss.

I have heard that! I will have to try it!!
  • cerulian
    Options
    Very helpful information! I am hoping to avoid all the loose skin, so I'll try this out!
  • ohnuts14
    ohnuts14 Posts: 197
    Options
    ahhh. thanks for sharing! that's a major concern of mine so i'm glad you mentioned this, i'll certainly be picking up a bar.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TealStar13
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Also, when you use a dry brush, what kind of brush are you exactly talking about? Like a bristle brush?
  • jAdorelife
    Options
    no it's like a regular exfoliating brush with the handle on it that can be used in the shower, but instead i use it dry.
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    I like the dry brushes with rough bristols. If you use one with too soft of bristols then it's not really doing much.
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Bump :happy:
  • fitmamaoftwins
    Options
    let me know how it goes
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Also, when you use a dry brush, what kind of brush are you exactly talking about? Like a bristle brush?

Should be a natural bristle brush with a handle.

I did a thread a while back with extensive instruction on dry brushing if you search dry brushing............

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/101244-cellulite-improvement-dry-brushing-and-cococut-oil-used-as?hl=dry+brushing#posts-1398065