Half Marathon Training

Options
Im on week 3 of my 17 week training for my first half marathon. I'm 5 foot, 30 years old and started this program at 124 lbs on January 3rd. Im not really in it to lose weight, but just be more accountable for my food intake. I also reasoned that it's easier to run 13.1 miles when I dont have an extra 10 lbs on me, so I set my goal at my pre-baby weight of 114 lbs. (my son is now two, so it's time to get "me" back :) Anywho, I have lost 6 lbs in my first month (give or take a few days)...I have not been able to move past the 6 lb loss mark. Any hints? I am running 20 miles a week, soon to be around 30 within 2 weeks. I also work out doing circuit and cross training (eliptical and weights) on off days. I eat 6 times a day, healthy snacks with plenty of protein, fiber and carb intake to fuel my excersise, keeping under or around my 1200 daily calorie goal....Plus, I chase around a 2 year old and a 7 year old....Any ideas how to shed my last 4 lbs? Im not sure I'd actually notice the 4 lbs, but mentaly, Im frusterated...Thanks:):tongue:

Replies

• novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Those 4 lbs. may be leg muscle since your training. I think you'll start to see some weight flux when you bump up to 30 miles a week. Perhaps involve your kids. A jogging stroller for 2yo and a bike for 7yo. They can link exercise with having fun with mom.
    #1 goal for a marathon is to show up uninjured. So don't suddenly double your running. Just my two cents.
  • bdavenport62
    Options
    I've read that some people have a really hard time losing while training for something like that. The only way I was able to was to add different exercises in while I was training. It was very hard though.
  • jodes4401
    jodes4401 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    True- thanks guys! I guess muscle does weigh more than fat, so I'll just stick to that. ;0) And yes, my main goal is just to finish the half marathon, uninjured....Good point!