question about burning cals

Options
we were out of town this weekend so i did not have my turbofire or my HRM with me. the hotel had a fitness center so i ran down there for a quick workout. i did the elliptical and bike...the elliptical machine said that i burned 275 calories after only 10 minutes. (i did input my info) well i thought that seemed really high! back in the room i logged on here and input it and it said 212cals burned..that still seems high imo...........you guys think that was right? im 313lbs 5,4 and female.

it doesnt matter bc i dont do anything with those cals..i just was curious. thanks!

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I have to agree that seems kind of high. I have a HRM monitor too, and I always feel like the calories burned on MFP are way too over-inflated. Which i why I love my HRM. I would think it would be around 100 calories for 10 mins.
  • wpij25
    wpij25 Posts: 161
    Options
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

everyones body burns calories differently has to do with age weight fitness/activity level so many different things...what seems high for one may not be anything to another...when I don't have access to my HRM I like to use the site I supplied the link above. Good Luck!!
  • Nasty77
    Options
    I alway adjust the cals to what I actually do in the gym. I don't know where they get the big numbers from but I know I always put the correct number and because its on your database....it stays. :happy:
  • Nasty77
    Options

everyones body burns calories differently has to do with age weight fitness/activity level so many different things...what seems high for one may not be anything to another...when I don't have access to my HRM I like to use the site I supplied the link above. Good Luck!!

I really don't know about the BMI cuz everyone body type is different. I am stronger than you and they want me to weigh 164 and when I was 185 running track for ASU my body fat was 21.6. The BMI chart does not say that. The best way to get your BMI is using the one that uses the water.
  • wpij25
    Options

I really don't know about the BMI cuz everyone body type is different. I am stronger than you and they want me to weigh 164 and when I was 185 running track for ASU my body fat was 21.6. The BMI chart does not say that. The best way to get your BMI is using the one that uses the water.

what does that have to do with this post?? :huh:
  • lizziewhan
    lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    even that site told me 269 cals burned!
  • wpij25
    Options
    even that site told me 269 cals burned!

well, then the only way to know for sure is to use the HRM... :wink: